Okay MyBookie NHL betting faithful, with Game 6 of the 2020 NHL Finals going down on Monday night, it’s time to find out whether the Tampa Bay Lightning or Dallas Stars are offering the best value in what could be the final game of the 2019-20 NHL season. Tampa Bay will look to finish off the Stars in what has been a thrilling finals matchup so far while Dallas looks to extend their season and force a pivotal Game 7. Now, let’s find out where the best hockey betting value lies in this highly anticipated showdown so you can place your bets against their Stanley Cup odds.
Stanley Cup Finals Game 6 Analysis | NHL Betting
Tampa Bay at Dallas
- When: Monday, September 28, 2020 at 8:05 PM ET
- Where: Rogers Place
- TV: NBC
Why Bet on Tampa Bay
While Tampa Bay ended up on the wrong side of a crushing 3-2, double overtime loss against Dallas in Game 5 on Saturday, there’s still plenty of reasons to believe the Lightning will finish off their western conference opponents on Monday night. The Lightning have never lost a series in which they have held a 3-1 lead, including each of their three previous rounds this postseason. As a matter of fact, none of Tampa Bay’s 3-1 series leads even reached Game 7.
Then, there’s the fact that the Lightning finished the regular season with the league’s most explosive offense (3.5 gpg) while Dallas finished an uninspiring 26th in scoring (2.6 gpg). The Lightning also won three straight in this series while putting five goals on the board twice during the span. Last, but not least, the Lightning have not lost consecutive games in 21 postseason contests heading into Game 6.
“We’ve been pretty good about responding after losses,” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said. “We’ve been doing this for over two months, so we’ve got a good idea what’s ahead of us and how to respond.”
Tampa Bay Trends
- Lightning are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Lightning are 43-17 in their last 60 overall.
- Lightning are 12-5 in their last 17 playoff games as a favorite.
- The Over is 2-0-3 in Lightning last 5 overall.
- Over is 3-1-4 in Lightning last 8 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 16-6-5 in Lightning last 27 vs. Western Conference.
Why Bet On Dallas
Despite being down 3-2 heading into Game 6, there’s still hope for Dallas to get the win in Game 6. The Stars have scored two goals or more in eight straight games while putting three goals or more on the board five times during the stretch. Dallas has held the opposition to two goals or less in each of their last six playoff wins. The Stars have also overcome plenty of adversity this postseason and took out a Vegas Golden Knights team that was favored to beat them in the Western Conference Finals.
“I think we enjoy being called underdogs and every person, really this whole time we’ve been in the bubble, seeming to choose the other team we’re playing,” said Stars forward Tyler Seguin. “We relish that. We believe in each other, we’ve got a confident group and we don’t want to leave the bubble, so we’re having fun.”
- Stars are 4-0 in their last 4 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Stars are 2-5 in their last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Stars are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 2-0-4 in Stars last 6 overall.
- Over is 4-0-3 in Stars last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 5-0-3 in Stars last 8 vs. Atlantic.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Dallas has shown a ton of resiliency this postseason, the prohibitive favored Tampa Bay Lightning have been outstanding in not losing two straight since the playoffs began. The favorite in this rivalry has gone 9-4 in the last 13 meetings while Tampa Bay has gone 8-3 in the last 11 meetings. With the Over going 17-5-4 in the last 26 meetings, I like Tampa Bay to complete their quest to win the 2020 NHL Stanley Cup Finals.
NHL Betting News
- Early 2022 Stanley Cup Odds Analysis & Predictions – NHL Betting
- NHL 2021 Season Recap & Betting Prediction for the Next Season
- NHL 2021 Stanley Cup Final Series: Canadiens vs Lightning Betting Preview
- NHL 2021 Playoffs – Conference Finals Game 5 Betting Analysis
- Islanders vs Lightning Game 2 | NHL Betting Analysis