In order for a team to be the best in the league and dominate all others, they have to find a balance that makes them strong in every single department. It’s a tough task to maintain over the course of an 82-game schedule, but it is something that the Montreal Canadiens have managed to do through the first month of the NHL betting season. They will look to continue their strong start when they host the Boston Bruins on Saturday night.
NHL Betting Game Preview Bruins vs CanadiensDate: Saturday, November 7th, 2015 Time: 7:00PM Venue: Bell Centre Opening Line: Montreal +110The Canadiens have built up a 9-point lead in the Atlantic Division, and are totally dominant at home with a 6-0-1 record. The Boston Bruins (6-5-1) have had what can be best described as a rollercoaster start to the season. They got things started by losing their opening 3 games, but then turned things around by winning 6 of their next 7. They now appear to be back on the slide, as they will be coming into this one with a 2-game losing streak in tow. The Bruins problems are pretty plain to see, as they have a defense that is letting them down pretty badly. They are second in goals per game average with 3.6, but are down near the bottom of the standings in goals against average. Their penalty kill unit is dead last in the league, which could be a major problem against a very good Canadiens power play unit. Boston is still hanging around with the chasing pack in the Atlantic Division, but they are going to have to tighten up defensively if they are to remain there the entire season.
Bruins vs Canadiens Key Betting Trends
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Boston’s last 12 games
- Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Montreal
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Montreal
- Montreal is 12-3 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Montreal’s last 8 games
- Montreal is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- Montreal is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
- Montreal is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Boston