The New Jersey Devils will look to slow down the streaking and NHL odds favorite Los Angeles Kings when the two teams hook up for a Tuesday night affair of Stanley Cup playoff hopefuls. With one team riding the wave of some huge momentum into this contest and the other looking to get back in the win column following n uneventful weekend, let’s find out where the value lies according to the latest pro-hockey betting lines.
Los Angeles (20-8-3) at New Jersey (16-9-4) NHL Odds & Expert Pick
Last night marked 8 straight wins for the LA Kings 🙌https://t.co/A212d5ww0b
— LA Kings (@LAKings) 10 de diciembre de 2017
- When: Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey
- TV: MSG+, FS-W
- Radio: 1150 AM (Los Angeles) / 101.9 FM (New Jersey)
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: Los Angeles Kings -1.5 (Over/Under at 5.5)
- All: Los Angeles Kings 20-8-3 / New Jersey Devils 16-9-4
- Home: Los Angeles Kings 10-5-2 / New Jersey Devils 6-5-2
- Away: Los Angeles Kings 10-3-1 / New Jersey Devils 10-4-2
- As Favorite: Los Angeles Kings 13-6-3 / New Jersey Devils 7-1-1
- As Underdog: Los Angeles Kings 7-2 / New Jersey Devils 9-8-3
- ATS: Los Angeles Kings 16-15 / New Jersey Devils 14-15
- Over/Under: Los Angeles Kings 12-17-2 / New Jersey Devils 15-13-1
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Record: Tied 5-5
- Score: Los Angeles Kings 2.40 / New Jersey Devils 1.70
- Shots: Los Angeles Kings 27.00 / New Jersey Devils 20.80
- Power Play Goals: Los Angeles Kings 6 / New Jersey Devils 4
- Number of Power Plays: Los Angeles Kings 34 / New Jersey Devils 23
- Power Play Percentage: Los Angeles Kings 17.65 / New Jersey Devils 17.39
- Penalty Kill Percentage: Los Angeles Kings 82.61 / New Jersey Devils 82.35
Why consider the Kings NHL Odds?
Why bet on Los Angeles? Well, because they’re on fire right now hockey betting buffs!
The Los Angeles Kings are the hottest team in all of hockey at the moment, having won eight straight games including their 3-2 overtime win against Carolina on Saturday.
The win marked the longest winning streak in the NHL this season, but it was the second consecutive game in which they lost a lead in the third period only to win in OT.
“I think we win in different ways,” said center Anze Kopitar. “None of these have been easy, but we’re grinding out wins.”
Kopitar and fellow center Tyler Toffoli both scored and assisted on the other’s goal for the Kings in the second period. Goalie Jonathan Quick had 32 saves and has basically been playing out of his mind lately.
The Kings were playing their 15th game in 28 days, and coach John Stevens sensed it was affecting their play.
“I think we looked a little bit tired tonight,” he said. “Even though you’re tired, you get some great performances from a couple of key guys. Quick was great tonight.”
The eight consecutive victories tie the second-longest streak in Kings history (fifth time). Quick has won six straight.
PP/PK Percentage: 16.67
PP/PK Percentage: 11.65
Why consider the Devils NHL Odds?
Why bet on New Jersey in this contest? The best reason to bet on the Devils is that they’re ‘semi-desperate’ and playing at home.
The New Jersey Devils have gone 5-5 over their last 10 games and enter the new week having lost two straight including their 5-2 loss to the New York Rangers on Saturday.
Damon Severson and Miles Wood both lit the lamp for New Jersey, which lost its second straight to a Metropolitan opponent. Goalie Keith Kinkaid finished with 34 saves.
“I don’t think we gave ourselves a chance at all,” Kinkaid said. “Hopefully this is a wakeup call. We’re going into tough buildings against tough teams. You can’t slide in the Metropolitan Division. We have to figure it out.”
PP/PK Percentage: 19.78
PP/PK Percentage: 17.92
Latest NHL Betting Trends
- Los Angeles is 6-12 ATS in its last 18 games
- Los Angeles is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Los Angeles’s last 15 games
- New Jersey is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- New Jersey is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New Jersey’s last 6 games
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While L.A. has had to go to overtime to nail down each of their last two wins, the Kings have been rock-solid defensively by limiting four of their last eight opponents to one goal while not allowing more than two goals in three other contests.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that it’s hard to lose a game when you’re not allowing the opposition to score very often – and that’s what the Kings are doing right now. Lest anyone forget, goalie Jonathan Quick is one of the best in the business and right now, he’s got the block on lock!
Pick: L.A. Kings 4 – N.J. Devils 2