Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames Game 3 Betting PreviewThe Flames have grown accustomed to hearing that they are done all year. No-one believed that this young team would be able to maintain their fast start to the season, but they did. When Mark Giordano went down for the remainder of the regular season at the end of February, the doomsayers said that the Flames would sputter and miss the playoffs, which they did not. Calgary showed an uncanny ability to come back and win games late all year, and there was no better example of that than in Game 6 of the first round series against the Vancouver Canucks. Down 3-0 early on, the Flames chipped away and managed to eventually run out 7-4 winners, clinching the series in the process. The goals have dried up in the second round, though, as they only managed 1 in the 2 games played in Anaheim. They will hoping a return to Calgary will mean a return to form.
The Anaheim Ducks have looked might impressive to this stage of the playoffs, and have yet to lose a game. While it would seem that a 4-0 series sweep against the Winnipeg Jets in the opening round was a sign of dominance, the reality is that the Ducks really had to work to get the wins. They had to come from behind to win 3 of the 4 games with dominant third period performances, but they have looked a lot more in control versus the Flames. The Ducks have effectively shut down the Hudler/Monahan/Gaudreau line, with young Sam Bennett the only Flames player to get the puck past Frederik Andersen. You can bet that no-one on the Ducks team or coaching staff will be counting out Calgary just yet, and they will be looking to steal one on the road. A win on Tuesday night would likely mean that a sweep was imminent.
- Anaheim is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Anaheim’s last 6 games
- Anaheim is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Anaheim is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Calgary
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Anaheim’s last 5 games when playing Calgary
- Anaheim is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Calgary
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Anaheim’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Calgary
- Calgary is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Calgary’s last 10 games at home
- Calgary is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Anaheim
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary’s last 5 games when playing Anaheim
- Calgary is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Anaheim
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary’s last 5 games when playing at home against Anaheim