Game 3 Info & NHL Betting Prediction: Winnipeg at Minnesota
Each series in the Stanley Cup playoffs is a little bit like a chess match, although we all tend to know what the early moves will be. The team that has home-ice advantage sets out to try and hold serve in their own building, while the away team goes on the road for the opening two games looking for a split that would shift home-ice advantage in their favor. The real chess games begin once Game 1 is in the books, as both teams then become very aware of what needs to be done, which may lead to a little change I strategy for Game 2. In this series, most of the pressure is now on the shoulders of the Minnesota Wild after losing the opening game of the series 3-2, which is why the NHL betting odds are turning around.
They know that they really need a win in the second game in the series, but do you really risk going all out for that win, leaving your defense exposed to one of the most clinical offenses in the NHL? Game 2 is set to go on Friday night, but we are going to jump ahead a little and take a look at Game 3, where the series shifts to Minnesota, so be sure to check the NHL odds before placing your ticket for this one.
Jets vs. Wild Game 3 Info & NHL Betting Prediction
— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) 13 de abril de 2018
- When: Sunday, April 15 at 7 PM EST
- Where: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
- TV: NBCSN
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Betting Odds: Winnipeg Jets -200 (Over/Under at 5.5 goals)
- All: Winnipeg Jets 45-27-11 / Minnesota Wild 53-20-10
- Home: Winnipeg Jets 27-6-8 / Minnesota Wild 33-7-2
- Away: Winnipeg Jets 18-21-3 / Minnesota Wild 20-13-8
- ATS: Winnipeg Jets 43-40 / Minnesota Wild 41-42
- Over/Under: Winnipeg Jets 41-38-4 / Minnesota Wild 41-40-2
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Score: Winnipeg Jets 3.30 / Minnesota Wild 3.30
- Shots: Winnipeg Jets 29.30 / Minnesota Wild 28.00
- Power Play Goals: Winnipeg Jets 6 / Minnesota Wild 8
- Number of Power Plays: Winnipeg Jets 27 / Minnesota Wild 28
- Power Play Percentage: Winnipeg Jets 22.22 / Minnesota Wild 28.57
- Penalty Kill Percentage: Winnipeg Jets 71.43 / Minnesota Wild 77.78
Why bet on the Winnipeg Jets?
The Winnipeg Jets are my dark horse pick to win the Stanley Cup, although I did think that this was a tough opening round test for them. The Jets are one of the more offensively gifted teams in the league, averaging 3.3 goals per game, but they are going against a Minnesota Wild team long known for their defensive prowess. Game 1 certainly looked as though it was going to be a tough defensive battle, with the Jets holding on to a slender 1-0 lead after 2 periods. Things exploded a little in the third period, and it was the Jets who won the battle, taking the game 3-2.
Winnipeg was a stellar 32-7-2 in their own building this season, so it’s perhaps not surprising that they won this one. It’s also worth noting that they have now won 5 of the last 6 meetings against the Wild if you include the Game 1 result.
- Goals: 3.37
- Shots: 32.33
- PP/PK Percentage: 23.55
- Goals: 2.65
- Shots: 31.70
- PP/PK Percentage: 18.18
Why bet on the Minnesota Wild?
If the Minnesota Wild can somehow get the split in Game 2 on Friday night, they might be in good shape heading home. While they have not had a lot of recent success versus the Jets, their last win against them came on home ice earlier this season, a game that the Wild took 4-1.
In their own building, the Wild went an impressive 27-6-8, so you do have to give them a shot at getting back into, or even ahead of the game, in this series once they head home. The goal now is to find a way to slow down the Jets offense, which they did manage to do for two periods in Game 1. The Wild may be down right now, but it’s way too early to say that they are out.
- Goals: 3.07
- Shots: 30.05
- PP/PK Percentage: 20.33
- Goals: 2.83
- Shots: 31.43
- PP/PK Percentage: 19.05
Latest NHL Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Minnesota is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Minnesota’s last 10 games
- Winnipeg is 2-9 ATS in its last 11 games
- Winnipeg is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Winnipeg’s last 6 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
If the Jets take Game 2 on Friday night, they are going to head to Minnesota smelling blood in the water. I think that this series might well be over in 5 games, which is why I am taking the Jets to win here.
Score: Winnipeg Jets 4 – Minnesota Wild 2