Playoffs Game 4 Info, NHL Odds & Expert Pick: Ducks vs. Sharks
The NHL regular season is ridiculously long and brutal, but things just get even more demanding when the Stanley Cup playoffs roll around. The speed of play seems to get faster and the intensity and hits go up a notch. The team that ends up being the sole survivor and the Stanley Cup winner is usually beating up and running on empty by the time they hoist the trophy, which is why closing out series as quickly as possible is always so important to increase their NHL odds to win it all.
The Vegas Golden Knights swept their series against the LA Kings, earning some much-needed rest, and now the San Jose Sharks will get a shot at sweeping the Anaheim Ducks when they hook up for Game 4 on Wednesday night in San Jose. The last thing any team wants to do is get back on that plane for another road trip when they have a shot at putting the series away in their own building, so we can probably expect the Sharks to come out flying on Wednesday night. Can the betting underdogs Ducks live to fight another day, or will they go the way of the Kings?
Anaheim at San Jose Playoffs Game 4 Info, NHL Odds & Expert Pick
— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) 17 de abril de 2018
- When: Wednesday, April 18 at 10:30 PM EST
- Where: SAP Center, San Jose
- TV: NHL Network
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: San Jose Sharks -180 (Over/Under at 5 goals)
- All: Anaheim Ducks 44-28-13 / San Jose Sharks 48-27-10
- Home: Anaheim Ducks 26-12-5 / San Jose Sharks 26-13-3
- Away: Anaheim Ducks 18-16-8 / San Jose Sharks 22-14-7
- ATS: Anaheim Ducks 44-41 / San Jose Sharks 42-43
- Over/Under: Anaheim Ducks 33-50-2 / San Jose Sharks 38-45-2
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Score: Anaheim Ducks 1.80 / San Jose Sharks 3.30
- Shots: Anaheim Ducks 31.40 / San Jose Sharks 34.00
- Power Play Goals: Anaheim Ducks 3 / San Jose Sharks 10
- Number of Power Plays: Anaheim Ducks 22 / San Jose Sharks 38
- Power Play Percentage: Anaheim Ducks 13.64 / San Jose Sharks 26.32
- Penalty Kill Percentage: Anaheim Ducks 73.68 / San Jose Sharks 86.36
Why Consider the NHL Odds for the Ducks?
It was always going to be a struggle for this Ducks team to generate much in the way of offense, as they are a team that wins games by being defensively sound. While we didn’t expect a lot of goals from them, only managing 3 through the first 3 games of this series is well below what most of us expected. It certainly helps explain why they are heading into this one on the brink of elimination, but you also need to look at how the defense has collapsed to see why the Ducks are in trouble.
They lost both games at home, giving up 6 goals in those outings, but then the damage was really done in Game 3, which turned into a gut-wrenching 8-1 loss. You hate to say that a series is over before the clinching game has been won, but that Game 3 outcome may well have been the final nail in the coffin.
- Goals: 2.80
- Shots: 30.29
- PP/PK Percentage: 17.57
- Goals: 2.71
- Shots: 33.18
- PP/PK Percentage: 17.87
Why Consider the NHL Odds for the Sharks?
While the lack of defense being displayed by the Ducks is more than a little surprising in this series, the offensive outburst by the Sharks in Game 3 is equally shocking. This is a team that was right in the middle of the pack in scoring in the regular season, averaging 3 goals per game, so their 8 goals in Game 3 of this series really came out of the blue.
Perhaps the best part about the first 3 games of the playoffs for the Sharks, besides the wins, is that they are spreading out the scoring among everyone. In fact, of all the players who have logged minutes in the opening 3 games of the series, only 3 players have failed to register a single point. This team is starting to look a little dangerous and could be a handful moving forward.
- Goals: 3.13
- Shots: 33.01
- PP/PK Percentage: 21.53
- Goals: 2.73
- Shots: 30.46
- PP/PK Percentage: 15.45
NHL Betting Trends
- Anaheim is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games
- Anaheim is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Anaheim’s last 13 games on the road
- San Jose is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Jose is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of San Jose’s last 17 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
We are very quickly going to find out if this Sharks team has the killer edge needed in the postseason. You need to put teams away when you get the chance if you want to stay healthy and stay alive in the playoffs. I think the Sharks get the win and move on.
Score: Anaheim Ducks 2 – San Jose Sharks 4