San Jose at Anaheim Playoffs Game 1 Info, NHL Odds & Pick
With the fifth-seeded San Jose Sharks and fourth-seeded Anaheim Ducks set to square off in what looks like the most competitive first-round playoff matchup this postseason, now is the perfect time for some expert NHL odds analysis and an accompanying free pick. If you’re ready to rock and roll, then let’s get to it people…the real season is about to get underway NHL betting buffs!
Sharks vs. Ducks Playoffs Game 1 Info, NHL Odds & Pick
A win streak, a new nickname, and a playoff spot – the final month of the regular season for the #SJSharks was an eventful one.
— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) 11 de abril de 2018
- When: Thursday, April 12, 2018, 10:30 PM ET
- Where: Honda Center
- TV: USA
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: NHL.tv
- NHL Odds: Anaheim Ducks -145 (Over/Under at 5.5 Goals)
- All: San Jose Sharks 45-27-10 / Anaheim Ducks 44-25-13
- Home: San Jose Sharks 25-13-3 / Anaheim Ducks 26-10-5
- Away: San Jose Sharks 20-14-7 / Anaheim Ducks 18-15-8
- ATS: San Jose Sharks 39-43 / Anaheim Ducks 44-38
- Over/Under: San Jose Sharks 37-44-1 / Anaheim Ducks 32-49-1
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Score: San Jose Sharks 2.50 / Anaheim Ducks 2.20
- Shots: San Jose Sharks 32.60 / Anaheim Ducks 28.40
- Power Play Goals: San Jose Sharks 6 / Anaheim Ducks 2
- Number of Power Plays: San Jose Sharks 31 / Anaheim Ducks 22
- Power Play Percentage: San Jose Sharks 19.35 / Anaheim Ducks 9.09
- Penalty Kill Percentage: San Jose Sharks 90.91 / Anaheim Ducks 80.65
Why Consider the NHL Odds for the Sharks?
Why should you consider betting on San Jose in this first round matchup? There are several reasons, starting with the fact that the Sharks took three of the four regular-season meetings against their Pacific Division rivals.
While San Jose struggled late and comes into the postseason having lost five of their final six regular season games, the Sharks did average a healthy 3.0 goals per game to rank 13th in scoring while finishing the regular season ranked an even more impressive 10th in goals allowed (2.8 gpg). The Sharks got a team-high 67 points from defenseman Brent Burns on 12 goals and 55 assists and recorded a pair of shootout wins over the Ducks while putting six goals on the board in their other win against Anaheim this season.
- Goals: 3.07
- Shots: 32.94
- PP/PK Percentage: 20.70
- Goals: 2.79
- Shots: 30.34
- PP/PK Percentage: 15.11
Why Consider the NHL Odds for the Ducks?
Why should you consider betting on Anaheim in this first round matchup? Because the Ducks are on a nice roll and are the better defensive team in this affair, not to mention they have home-ice advantage.
Despite ranking a modest 18th in scoring (2.8 gpg), the Ducks are riding a five-game winning streak into this contest and have home-ice advantage. Anaheim was absolutely outstanding defensively in finishing the regular season ranked third in goals allowed (2.5 gpg). The Ducks got a team-high 69 points from Rickard Rakell.
- Goals: 2.87
- Shots: 30.17
- PP/PK Percentage: 17.29
- Goals: 2.63
- Shots: 33.11
- PP/PK Percentage: 16.85
Latest NHL Betting Trends for 2018 Postseason
- Anaheim is 7-6 (+1.6 Units) against the spread versus SAN JOSE over the last 3 seasons
- Anaheim is 13-3 ATS (+8.3 Units) in April games over the last 2 seasons
- San Jose s 7-1 ATS (+5.8 Units) in road games after playing 3 consecutive home games this season
- 8 of 9 games in this series have gone Under the Total over the last 3 seasons
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The San Jose Sharks struggled down the stretch run of the regular season while Anaheim is red-hot. The Ducks are also playing at home and have been one of the best defensive teams in all of hockey this season.
The Sharks are 1-5 in their last six games and an awful 5-17 in their last 22 road games against a team with a home winning percentage of greater than .600.
The Ducks are a near-perfect 7-1 in their last 8 games playing on 3 or more days rest, 5-1 in their last 6 games against their Pacific Division counterparts and a bankroll-boosting 54-26 in their last 80 home games overall. While the road team in this series has gone 5-1 in the last 6 meetings, I like Anaheim to hold it down in this one!
Pick: Anaheim Ducks 3 – San Jose Sharks 2