The Stanley Cup Final is shaping up to be a great one, as the teams split the opening 2 games in Tampa Bay. The Chicago Blackhawks came in as NHL betting favorites to win it all, and with home ice advantage now on their side, they are still a very good bet. With potentially 5 games still to come, there are plenty of different betting options still on the table. Getting in on those at this stage in the proceedings means maximizing your chances of winning some money.
One of the most appealing bets at the moment is on the actual outcome of the series. This is beginning to look as though it will go 6 or 7 games, but which way will it go? You could sit and wait until the two games in Chicago have been played, but the odds start to drop with each passing game. If you haven’t made a bet on the series, but have an idea of who you think will win the Cup, now is the perfect time to put your money where your mouth is. I liked the Chicago Blackhawks to win the series in 6, and I am still sticking with that.
The spread on each of the remaining games is also an intriguing bet. The first two games have been decided by a single goal, and there is no reason to believe that will change. Total goals is a little trickier, as the first two game have split the OVER/UNDER. Will the Lightning play a tighter defensive game on the road, or will they come out guns blazing and try to steal one. Both of these teams can score goals, so I would be looking at the OVER on all the remaining games.
If you can’t decide between who will win and who will lose, how about placing a bet on the potential Conn Smythe Trophy winner, which is awarded to the MVP of the playoffs? If you like the Lightning, it would appear that Tyler Johnson would be a solid bet. Nikita Kucherov is another possible candidate for Tampa Bay, as his 21 points out him one off the pace set by Johnson. On the Chicago side of the ice, you have to look at Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith as solid possibilities. If the Blackhawks win the series, as I believe they will, I believe it will be Keith who gets the MVP.
There is still plenty of time to get some great wagers in, so why not start with Game 3 on Wednesday night.
Sports & Betting Topics
- Golden Knights vs Jets NHL Odds & Game Preview
- Penguins vs Sharks NHL Spread & Game Preview
- Lightning vs Stars NHL Lines & Betting Prediction
- Updated 2019 Stanley Cup Odds – January 14th Edition
- Top NHL Betting Picks of the Week – January 14th Edition
- Penguins vs Ducks NHL Odds, Pick & Preview
- Panthers vs Flames NHL Betting Lines & Game Analysis
- How to Bet Red Wings vs Jets NHL Spread & Prediction
- Sabres vs Hurricanes NHL Week 15 Betting Preview & Pick
- Islanders vs Rangers NHL Betting Lines & Game Preview
- Predators at Blue Jackets NHL Spread & Expert Prediction
- Capitals vs Bruins NHL Week 15 Odds & Game Analysis
- Predators vs Blackhawks NHL Odds & Expert Pick
- Senators vs Ducks NHL Lines & Betting Prediction
- Avalanche vs Flames NHL Spread & Game Preview
- Blue Jackets at Lightning NHL Week 15 Betting Odds & Analysis
- Top NHL Betting Picks of the Week – January 7th
- Golden Knights at Ducks NHL Betting Odds & Game Info
- Capitals vs Stars NHL Betting Lines & Game Info
- Jets vs Penguins NHL Week 14 Odds & Prediction
- How to Bet Flames at Bruins NHL Spread & Pick for Thursday Night
- Wild vs Maple Leafs NHL Week 13 Odds & Game Preview
- How to Bet Sharks at Avalanche NHL Odds & Game Info
- Top NHL Betting Picks of the Week – December 31st Edition
- Ducks vs Sharks NHL Odds, Preview & Prediction for Thursday Night
- Top NHL Betting Picks of the Week – December 24th Edition
- Updated 2019 Stanley Cup Odds – December 21st Edition
- Chicago vs Colorado NHL Lines, Pick & Game Preview
- Ottawa vs New Jersey NHL Odds & Betting Analysis
- Sabres vs Capitals NHL Odds, Preview & Prediction for Friday Night