The Gold Coast Titans and St. George Illawarra Dragons will both be going all-out to get their second wins of the season when they square off on Saturday in their round 6 showdown. While both clubs are sitting on one victory, one of these teams was successful last weekend and will be looking to carry that positive outcome over into this affair. Now, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NRL betting odds in this matchup.
NRL Dragons Vs Titans Round 6
Why Bet On The Titans
Gold Coast is sitting in last place in the 16-team NRL standings with two points. The Titans have gone 1-1 at home and 0-3 on the road this season while scoring 58 points and allowing a league-high 161 points defensively to sit at a league-worst -103 in scoring differential. Gold Coast comes into this affair off a humbling 32-12 loss against the Rabbitohs on Saturday. Phillip Sami and Bryce Carter scored tries while Ashley Taylor went 2 for 2 on conversions.
However, it was not nearly enough as Gold Coast gave up five tries, five conversions and a penalty goal in the loss. The loss comes one week after Gold Coast picked up their only win of the season by beating the Wests Tigers 28-23. Corey Thompson starts at fullback with Phillip Sami moving to the wing, Brian Kelly to center. Dale Copley is out with an injured ankle while Tyrone Roberts (ankle) has again been named on the reserves.
Why Bet On The Dragons
St. George is sitting in 14th place in the NRL standings with two points. The Dragons have gone 1-2 at home and 0-2 on the road while scoring 74 points and allowing 112 points defensively (-38). St. George comes into this matchup off a 30-16 win over Cronulla on Sunday that saw Mikaele Ravalawa score a pair of tries while Matthew Dufty, Ben Hunt and Cameron McInnes added solo scoring tries. Zac Lomax went 5 for 5 on conversions as the Dragons never looked back after going into the half up 18-10. James Graham has been named in the starting side but he swapped with Trent Merrin on the bench prior to kick-off last week.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Gold Coast looked decent on offense last week, but they clearly can’t stop anyone this season as they give up an average of 32.2 points per game. With that said, and St, George looking competent for the first time this season in last week’s win over the Sharks, I like the road team to get it done in this one. The Dragons have won four straight over the Titans while putting 40 points or more on the board in three of those contests while topping the 50-point plateau once. This one will be relatively close until St. George pulls away in the second half.
Pick: Dragons 32 Titans 24
General Match Info St. George Illawarra Dragons (1-0-4) Vs. Gold Coast Titans (1-0-4)
- When: Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 12:00 AM AEST
- Where: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Dragons Vs Titans Live: Fox Sports
- Money Lines: Titans +140 / Dragons -166
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 6 Matches
- Broncos vs Knights – Thursday 18th June, 05:50 AM | Central Coast Stadium, Central Coast
- Warriors vs Rabbitohs – Friday 19th June, 04:00 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Storm vs Panthers – Friday 19th June, 05:55 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Cowboys vs Wests Tigers – Saturday 20th June, 03:30 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Eels vs Roosters – Saturday 20th June, 05:35 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sea Eagles vs Raiders – Sunday 21st June, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Bulldogs vs Sharks – Sunday 21st June, 04:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney