The two-time defending champion Sydney Roosters will be looking to record consecutive victories when they hit the road to take on a Brisbane Broncos team that will be looking to distance themselves from an ugly effort last week. With the Broncos looking to win for the third time in four games and the Roosters looking to pick up the level of their play, let’s find out where the best value lies in this showdown so you can make your bets respectively against their NRL odds.
NRL Roosters vs Broncos Round 4
Why Bet on Brisbane
The Broncos won their first two games before the coronavirus pandemic hit, but they were on the wrong end of a humbling 34-6 smackdown home loss at the hands of the Parramatta Eels on Thursday in Round 3. Brisbane was limited to 132 runs to the Eels’ 223 runs while missing 35 tackles in the loss. Brodie Croft scored one try and Jamayne Isaako converted their only goal, but the Broncos never challenged after tying the score at 6-6 as the Eels scored 28 unanswered points to get the win. Brisbane has scored 65 points while allowing 73 (-17) through three matches.
Why Bet On Sydney
After dropping their first two games prior to the pandemic suspension, the two-time defending champion Roosters jumped all over the Rabbitohs en route to a commanding 28-12 victory on Friday that gave them their first win of the season. Sydney made 164 runs in the game to the Rabbitohs’ 168. The Roosters had eight clean breaks to South Sydney’s modest two and they never looked back after taking a 12-6. James Tedesco led the way to victory as five different players scored one try apiece including Kyle Flanagan who added a goal in the thrilling win. The Roosters have scored 50 points and allowed 41 (+9) through three matches.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
Sydney might be the two-time defending league champions, but Brisbane has won three of the last four meetings, including a hard-fought 15-10 win the last time they met back on May 17 of 2019. This time around however, Sydney is a bit desperate and Brisbane has allowed more points than they’ve put on the board this season despite owning a winning record. Keep it simple and back the defending champs to get it done on the road!
Pick: Roosters 28 Broncos 18
General Game Info Sydney Roosters (1-0-2) vs. Brisbane Broncos (2-0-1)
- When: Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 7:50 PM AEST
- Where: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Roosters vs Broncos Live: Nine/Fox
- Spread: Brisbane -136/ Sydney -104
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 4 Matches
- Warriors vs Panthers – Friday 5th June, 04:00 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Rabbitohs vs Storm – Friday 5th June, 05:55 AM | AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Sea Eagles vs Eels – Saturday 6th June, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks vs Cowboys – Saturday 6th June, 05:35 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Knights vs Raiders – Sunday 7th June, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Wests Tigers vs Titan – Sunday 7th June, 04:30 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Dragons vs Bulldogs – Monday 8th June, 02:05 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney