The North Queensland Cowboys will look to avoid the big upset when they host the winless Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in their Round 4 National Rugby League matchup on Saturday. With the Sharks completely desperate and the Cowboys looking to build on their win the last time out, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their NRL betting odds in this Sharks vs Cowboys affair.
Cowboys Look To Avoid Upset Against Winless Sharks
Why Bet On The Cowboys at -188
The Cowboys are sitting in fifth place in the NRL standings with 81 points scored and 50 allowed (+31) following their convincing 36-6 Round 3 beat-down win over the Titans on Friday. Reece Robinson scored a pair of tries while four other Cowboys added single tries in the win and winger Valentine Holmes went 5-for-6 on conversions. North Queensland controlled the ball 66 percent of the time while recording a phenomenal 85 percent completion rate and winning the meters run battle 2,9044 to 1,281. Second-rower Gavin Cooper is questionable after missing the last round with a calf strain. Michael Morgan (shoulder) is still a few weeks away from being available.
Why Bet On The Sharks at +152
The Sharks are in 13th place in the NRL standings, having scored 44 points while allowing 62 points defensively (-18). After dropping their first two games by four points or less, Cronulla was on the wrong end of a hard-fought 28-16 loss against the Wests Tigers in Round 3 on Saturday. Josh Duggan scored on a pair of tries and Williams Kennedy added another while Shaun Johnson went 2-for-3 on conversions. Still, it wasn’t enough as the Sharks gave up five tries and a pair of conversions in the loss. Cronulla-Sutherland lost the possession battle 51-49 percent while falling in the meters run department 1,654 to 1,495. Halfback Chad Townsend is questionable after suffering a low-grade hamstring strain. Matt Moylan or Connor Tracey will likely replace him in the halves. Andrew Fifita is also in doubt due to a lingering knee problem.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
While the Sharks have been pretty solid defensively and have challenged for the win in all thee games this season, Cronulla has also struggled to score more often than not and that just doesn’t bode well as they get set to face a Cowboys squad that is second in scoring with an impressive 81 points. After losing once at home already this season, North Queensland won’t fall again to an inferior Sharks team.
Pick: Cowboys 28 Sharks 18
General Game Info Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (0-0-3) vs. North Queensland Cowboys (2-0-1) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (0-0-3)
- When: Saturday, June 6, 2020 at 4:35 AM AEST
- Where: Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Sharks vs Cowboys Live: Fox
- Money Lines: Sharks +152 / Cowboys -188
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 4 Matches
- Roosters vs Broncos – Thursday 4th June, 05:50 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Rabbitohs vs Storm – Friday 5th June, 05:55 AM | AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Sea Eagles vs Eels – Saturday 6th June, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Warriors vs Panthers – Friday 5th June, 04:00 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Knights vs Raiders – Sunday 7th June, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Wests Tigers vs Titan – Sunday 7th June, 04:30 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Dragons vs Bulldogs – Monday 8th June, 02:05 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney