The desperate Gold Coast Titans will be looking to tame the visiting Wests Tigers in order to get their first win of the 2020 NRL season when they host their opponents on Sunday, June 7. With the Titans taking another loss the last time out and the Tigers looking to build on their Round 3 win, let’s find out which team is offering the best value in this West Tigers vs Titans matchup so you can place your bets against their NRL odds.
Desperate Titans Look to Tame Tigers in Round 4 Matchup
Why Bet On The Titans at +190
The Titans are sitting in last place in the NRL standings with 18 points scored and a league-high, 106 points allowed (-88). Gold Coast was on the wrong end of a humbling 36-6 smackdown loss at the hands of the North Queensland Cowboys on Friday. Brian Kelly scored one try and Ashley Taylor added a conversion, but it wasn’t nearly enough as the Titans gave up six tries and five of six conversions in the loss. Gold Coast lost the possession battle by controlling the ball just 34 percent of the time while losing the meters run battle handily, 2,044 to 1,281.
Why Bet On The Tigers at -243
The Tigers are in seventh place in the NRL standings with 76 points scored and 72 points allowed defensively (+4). Wests improved to 2-1 on the season by beating the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 28-16 in Round 3 as five different players scored one try and Benji Marshall and Moses Mbye added solo conversions in the win. The Tigers won the possession battle 51-49 percent while completing 79 percent of their passes and winning the meters run battle 1,654 to 1,495.
Expert Analysis and Prediction
The Tigers have won two of the last three meetings against the Titans, including an emphatic 30-14 home win in April of 2019. More importantly, the fact of the matter is that right now, these two teams aren’t even close seeing as how the Titans have looked absolutely awful through three rounds and completely inept defensively.
Gold Coast given up a whopping 82 points over their last two matches and they looked like they couldn’t stop running water against the Cowboys last weekend. Conversely, the Tigers have scored at least 24 points in all three of their games this season while limiting the opposition to 16 points or less in two of those outings. Keep it simple for this matchup NRL betting buffs. The Wests Tigers might be on the road in Round 4, but they are, by far, the better team at both ends of the pitch!
Pick: Tigers 32 Titans 12
General Game Info West Tigers (2-0-1) vs. Gold Coast Titans (0-0-3)
- When: Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 3:30 AM AEST
- Where: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- West Tigers vs Titans Live: Fox
- Spread: Tigers -243 / Titans +190
Telstra Premiership 2020 Round 4 Matches
- Roosters vs Broncos – Thursday 4th June, 05:50 AM | Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Rabbitohs vs Storm – Friday 5th June, 05:55 AM | AAMI Park, Melbourne
- Sea Eagles vs Eels – Saturday 6th June, 03:30 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
- Sharks vs Cowboys – Saturday 6th June, 05:35 AM | Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
- Warriors vs Panthers – Friday 5th June, 04:00 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Knights vs Raiders – Sunday 7th June, 02:05 AM | Campbelltown Stadium, Sydney
- Dragons vs Bulldogs – Monday 8th June, 02:05 AM | Bankwest Stadium, Sydney