Gladly for soccer betting fans the 2015 Gold Cup is officially underway, and defending champions the United States come in as the clear favorites once again. There are a couple of other teams that have a genuine shot at the crown, though, with Mexico and Costa Rica both considered a solid bet. Costa Rica will be playing in Group B, and will get their campaign started on Wednesday night when they face Jamaica in Carson, California.
It has been a busy summer for Jamaica, as they have just finished a gust stint at the Copa America. While the Reggae Boyz failed to pick up a point, or even score a single goal, during the tournament in South America, they can still be proud of what they achieved. They lost all 3 of their games 1-0 despite having to face perennial powerhouses Argentina and Uruguay in the group stages. That tournament will have served as a solid warm-up for Jamaica, and they will have a better chance against what is definitely lesser talented teams, at least in the group stage. This will be a real shot at redemption for Jamaica, as they failed to qualify for the last Gold Cup back in 2013. They will feel as though they have a lot to prove this time around, but this is perhaps the most difficult opponent they could have hoped for to get things started.
The Jamaicans proved at the Copa America that they are a tough nut to crack, but I feel that Costa Rica has the personnel to eventually wear them down. Not expecting a blowout here, and would not be surprised to see a 1-0 win for Los Ticos.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – March 25th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – March 18th Edition
- Bayern Munich vs Liverpool UEFA Champions League Odds & Prediction
- Barcelona vs Lyon UEFA Champions League Odds & Pick
- Manchester City vs Schalke 04 UEFA Champions League Odds & Game Info
- Juventus vs Atletico Madrid UEFA Champions League Odds & Pick
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – March 11th Edition
- Arsenal vs Manchester United Premier League Odds & Preview
- Porto vs Roma Champions League Odds & Analysis
- PSG vs Manchester United Champions League Odds & Prediction
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.