Gladly for soccer betting fans the 2015 Gold Cup is officially underway, and defending champions the United States come in as the clear favorites once again. There are a couple of other teams that have a genuine shot at the crown, though, with Mexico and Costa Rica both considered a solid bet. Costa Rica will be playing in Group B, and will get their campaign started on Wednesday night when they face Jamaica in Carson, California.
It has been a busy summer for Jamaica, as they have just finished a gust stint at the Copa America. While the Reggae Boyz failed to pick up a point, or even score a single goal, during the tournament in South America, they can still be proud of what they achieved. They lost all 3 of their games 1-0 despite having to face perennial powerhouses Argentina and Uruguay in the group stages. That tournament will have served as a solid warm-up for Jamaica, and they will have a better chance against what is definitely lesser talented teams, at least in the group stage. This will be a real shot at redemption for Jamaica, as they failed to qualify for the last Gold Cup back in 2013. They will feel as though they have a lot to prove this time around, but this is perhaps the most difficult opponent they could have hoped for to get things started.
The Jamaicans proved at the Copa America that they are a tough nut to crack, but I feel that Costa Rica has the personnel to eventually wear them down. Not expecting a blowout here, and would not be surprised to see a 1-0 win for Los Ticos.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2021 MLS SuperDraft Expert Analysis – Soccer Betting
- Top English FA Cup Games Expert Analysis for Round 4
- Top LaLiga Matches Expert Analysis for Matchday 20
- Top Serie A Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 19
- 2021 Top Stakes Races for the Week Jan. 18th Edition
- Top Bundesliga Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 18
- 2021 Spanish Super Cup Final Expert Analysis
- Top Bundesliga Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 16
- Early 2020-21 LaLiga Championship Odds Analysis
- Top Premier League Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 19
- Top Serie A Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 18
- Top LaLiga Matches Expert Analysis for Matchday 18
- Top Bundesliga Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 15
- Early 2020-21 Premier League Championship Odds Analysis
- Top Serie A Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 17