When the 2015 version of the Gold Cup got underway, it was the US and Mexico who came into the tournament as favorites to win it all. If truth be told, the average fan was most likely hoping that it would be these two teams who contested the final. The semi-final matches are set to go in Atlanta on Wednesday night, and the dream final is still very much alive. Let’s take a quick look at how those games are likely to go, and what the soccer betting odds might look like for the eventual final.
The US national team are overwhelming favorites for their match against Jamaica, but that is a bet that has to be made at your own peril. The Americans have certainly not played their best football, and their quarter final 6-0 win over Cuba was marred by the fact that the visitors had almost as many players missing from the squad as they had on the field. The US has a tendency to play down to their opponents, which could leave them fighting for their lives in this one. At the end of the day, though, they have just a little bit too much class, and it is that which will see them past the Reggae Boyz.
Giovani Dos Santos back in the fold. The Mexicans have scored a lot of goals in this tournaments, but they have also been very wasteful in front of goal at times. Dos Santos is a steadying figure who will add a lot to the attacking game. This one may well go into extra time, but it should be Mexico who prevails.
This scenario would give us a final in which the host nation United States would likely be considered a slight favorite. They have had the upper hand over the Mexicans in their last few meetings, with 2-0 a scoreline that is becoming all too familiar. I believe that the US will go on and win the Gold Cup, but I think we may well be treated to a lot of goals in the final, so look to see what the OVER total is if these two teams do lock horns.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – Oct. 15th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – October 1st Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 25th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 17th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 10th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 3rd Edition
- Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 27th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 20th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 13th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 6th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 30th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 23rd Edition
- Minnesota vs LAFC Game Preview, MLS Odds & Prediction
- Portland vs Montreal MLS Betting Preview & Expert Pick – July 21st
- Dallas at Houston Preview, MLS Lines & Expert Pick
- Philadelphia Union vs LA Galaxy MLS Betting Lines & Prediction
- Revolution vs Red Bulls Game Info, MLS Odds & Pick
- Sevilla vs Benfica 2018 ICC Soccer Odds & Prediction
- Bayern Munich vs PSG 2018 ICC Odds & Prediction
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund 2018 ICC Odds & Expert Pick
- 2018 International Champions Cup Betting Preview
- MLS Betting Picks for Week 21 Action
- Early 2022 World Cup Odds & Betting Predictions
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 16th Edition
- Belgium v England 2018 World Cup Third Place Game Odds & Pick