Group B at the Copa America looked as though it would most likely have Argentina and Uruguay moving on after the group stage, but after the first round of games, everything appears to be up in the air. Both of the soccer betting favorites were not at their best in the first set of games, and now they will have to face each other on Tuesday night knowing that a loss could leave them in some real trouble.
Argentina are likely to be the more desperate of the two teams, as a loss here would very likely put the second round out of their reach, assuming that Paraguay knock off Jamaica as expected. There really is no reason for them to be in this position, as they looked to be in total cruise control against Paraguay in their opening game. Aguero and Lionel Messi has staked Argentina to a 2-0 lead at the half, but they then seemed to switch off, allowing Paraguay back into the game en route to a 2-2 tie. While Uruguay did not look particularly convincing in their opening match, they were still able to get out with a 1-0 win and 3 points. Argentina could still find a way into the next round with a loss or a tie, but you would have to wonder how inspired Paraguay and Uruguay would be to win if they met in the final round of the group knowing that a tie would take them both through. While Uruguay will be happy, if not totally satisfied, with their 1-0 win over Jamaica, they will also be well aware that they will need to be a whole lot better against Argentina if they want to get anything out of this game. This is a team that looks a shadow of its former self, with many of the key players now well into their 30’s. They are not really built for a long tournament run, and without the still banned Luis Suarez leading the attack, they do not have a lot of teeth up front. Edison Cavani is being asked to fill the goal scoring role, but he looked totally frustrated against Jamaica. These two teams met twice during World Cup qualifying, and split the games with a win apiece. There were 8 goals scored in those 2 games, but I don’t expect that sort of output this time around.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Predictions: Who Will Win It All?
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Update: Group E and Group F Winners & Losers
- Top 2021 Copa America Matches to Bet On This Week: Uruguay vs Bolivia, Paraguay vs Chile
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Update: Group C and Group D Winners & Losers
- Top 2021 MLS Games To Wager On From June 25 to June 27
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Update: Group A and Group B Winners & Losers
- Top 2021 Copa America Matches to Bet On This Week: Peru vs Ecuador, Colombia vs Brazil
- UEFA Euro 2020 Group Stage Betting Update
- Top 2021 USL Championship Games to Bet On From June 23 to 27
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On the Weekend: Paraguay Looking to Keep Leadership In Group B
- Top UEFA Euro 2020 Matches to Bet On: Germany vs Portugal Game Highlights the Weekend
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On: Bolivia vs Chile, Uruguay vs Argentina
- Top 2021 MLS Games To Wager On From June 18 to June 20
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Odds: Slovakia vs Sweden, Czech Republic vs Croatia, Scotland vs England
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On: Venezuela vs Colombia, Peru vs Brazil