Everything is seemingly going well for Juventus this season, both domestically and Europe. In the Serie A, Juventus are the runaway Serie A leaders and are solidly on course for a fourth successive Scudetto, while in the UEFA Champions League, they have a great chance to qualify for the quarterfinals after they defeated Dortmund 2-1 in Italy. Still, the job in the Champions League is half-way done and they have to finish the other half when they meet Dortmund in Wednesday’s Round of 16 matchup. Which of the two Europe powerhouses will win this major Champions League clash? Check out who we think will come out victorious in our soccer betting preview below. Venue: Signal Iduna Park, Germany Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Time: 3:45 PM ET TV: Fox Sports 2 Opening Line: Juventus -175
Meanwhile, Jurgen Klopp‘s team is undefeated at home in the Champions League this season, easily beating Galatasaray and Arsenal this season at the Group Stage games. Also, the Die Schwarzgelben have won 11 of their last 14 European home games and have remarkably managed to progress to the quarter finals 8-of-14 times in which they lost the first-leg away from home. A win and qualification by Borussia would mean Dortmund progresses to their third consecutive quarter final in the Champions League.
Unfortunately, in spite of their impressive run in Europe, Borussia have been struggling a lot in their domestic league. Most recently, BVB bounced back from the 2-1 defeat to Juve with a pair of wins against Schalke (3-0) and Dresden (2-0), but have since slumped to a winless two-game run in the German League (with no goals scored in both games).
With Dortmund’s struggles, and Juventus low-scoring nature over the recent times, Wednesday’s game is likely to be a low-scoring affair as both teams mostly focus on playing defensively and using counter-attacks to look for the one or two goals that would take them to the next stage of the competition.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Top Premier League Games Expert Analysis for Matchday 3
- LaLiga 2020 Season Matchday 3 Games Expert Analysis
- USL & MLS Top 2020 Games of the Week Expert Analysis
- LaLiga Top 2020 Weekend Games Expert Analysis
- 2020 Serie A Bettting Odds for Sept. 19th – 21st
- 2020 Premier League Expert Analysis for Sep. 19-21
- UEFA 2020 Nations League & EURO Expert Analysis
- 2020 USL Betting – Championship Top Games for Sept. 15 & 16
- UEFA Champions 2020- 2021 Calendar Analysis
- USL Betting – Championship Top Games for Sept. 11 & 12
- 2020 USL & MLS Games to Bet on this Week
- UEFA 2021 Champions League – Soccer Betting
- USL Betting – Championship Top Games for Aug 26 & 30
- Top Sports Events for this Weekend that Need Your Action
- Inter Vs Sevilla Odds & Pick – UEFA Europa League Betting