Newcastle vs. Chelsea Game Preview and Betting AnalysisEntering this game, the Magpies are winless in the Premier League this season, and are sitting second-bottom in the League standings with just two points from their first six games. Head Coach Steve McClaren is currently under pressure to find a solution for the team, especially in the offense after posting four blanks in the league.More worryingly, soon after they host Chelsea, they’ll be paying a visit to league leaders Manchester City, which suggests things could get worse for them before they get better.Nevertheless, Aleksandar Mitrovic returns to the Magpies starting lineup after serving his three-match ban for his dismissal during the 1-0 defeat by the Gunners. His return will boost the offense as he could replace Papiss Cisse (back problem) and Manu Riviere (injury), who are both questionable for Saturday.Radamel Falcao or Loic Remy is expected to fill the offensive void left by Costa. Pedro is also available again after coming off the bench to score against Walshall on Wednesday, while Willian remains a doubt, having picked up a hamstring strain against Maccabi Tel Aviv.On the defensive line, the Blues have no injury concerns. John Terry and Gary Cahill collaborated well in the central defense against Walsall, but head Coach Jose Mourinho is likely to revert to Kurt Zouma as Cahill’s partner.
- Newcastle: Krul, Coloccini, Lascelles, Taylor, Williamson, Anita, Gouffran, Sissoko, Perez,De Jong and Janmaat
- Chelsea: Begovic, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Zouma, Fabregas, Hazard, Falcao, Oscar, Pedro and Matic
- Newcastle Last Six Games in All Competitions LLLLWD
- Chelsea Last Six Games in All Competitions WWWLLW
- Jose Mourinho has never won a league match at St James’ Park (D2 L3)
- The Magpies have won their last three Barclays Premier League home matches against the Blues
- Chelsea has won 12 out of 18 when scoring on the road in the league since the start of last season