Making it to the playoffs in the MLS is a little easier than in most professional sports, with 6 teams from each conference making it in. That said soccer odds fans, it is only the top 2 in each conference that have what would be considered the easier route to the final. The remaining 4 playoff teams in the East and the West have to go into a 1-game knockout game that can see their season end in 90 minutes. The first of those match-ups is set for Wednesday night, when the New England Revolution go on the road to face DC United.
This is a game that most online betting fans would expect DC United to win, especially since they have the home field edge, but it is perhaps not as clear cut as it would appear. DC were certainly dominant at home, racking up 11 wins there this season, and they also have one of the best defenses in the MLS. The problem with DC is that they are coming into this one on a pretty poor run of form. They were very much in contention for the Supporters Shield heading into the final few weeks, but they faltered badly down the stretch, culminating in a 5-0 thumping at the hands of the Columbus Crew in the final week of the season.
They are going to have to try and get that defeat out of their heads, which is not going to be easy to do considering that it came just 4 days prior to this game. DC United won the last time they faced New England on home field, but that was back when they were flying high.
The New England Revolution know that they are going to have to attack if they want to move on to the MLS eastern Conference semi-final, and they are certainly a team that is built to do just that. They had a very nice warm up game on the weekend, with a trip to New York City ending in a comfortable 3-1 win. The Revolution are loaded with offensive talent, with the likes of Lee Nguyen, Charlie Davies, and Chris Tierney all capable of hurting opposing defenses. There is the possibility that the Revs will be forced to play a counter-attacking style in this one, and they are going to need their attacking players to make the most of any chances that fall their way. This is a tough draw for New England, but one that they can overcome if they are not wasteful up front.
The last 5 meetings between these two teams in DC has seen United win 4 times. You have to go back to 2013 to find the last time the Revolution won there, which makes their task seem all the more impossible. I have to go with DC United here, but it will be a close one.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 25th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 17th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 10th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 3rd Edition
- Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 27th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 20th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 13th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 6th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 30th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 23rd Edition
- Minnesota vs LAFC Game Preview, MLS Odds & Prediction
- Portland vs Montreal MLS Betting Preview & Expert Pick – July 21st
- Dallas at Houston Preview, MLS Lines & Expert Pick
- Philadelphia Union vs LA Galaxy MLS Betting Lines & Prediction
- Revolution vs Red Bulls Game Info, MLS Odds & Pick
- Sevilla vs Benfica 2018 ICC Soccer Odds & Prediction
- Bayern Munich vs PSG 2018 ICC Odds & Prediction
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund 2018 ICC Odds & Expert Pick
- 2018 International Champions Cup Betting Preview
- MLS Betting Picks for Week 21 Action
- Early 2022 World Cup Odds & Betting Predictions
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 16th Edition
- Belgium v England 2018 World Cup Third Place Game Odds & Pick
- France vs Croatia 2018 World Cup Final Betting Prediction
- Ronaldo is On His Way to Juventus
- World Cup 2018 Printable Bracket
- Analyzing the 2018 World Cup Odds for Top 5 Favorites