The 2015 version of the Gold Cup has been a resounding success, with large crowds and exciting games the order of the day. The focus will now shift to Atlanta, where the semi-final games will be played on Wednesday night. The first of the two games will see co-hosts United States take on Jamaica, in what should be a very soccer betting competitive match.
The United States will come into this one as the favorite, but they have not been entirely convincing to this point in the tournament. They did manage to get out of their group with 7 points from a possible 9, but the goals seemed hard to come by, and the defense in general looked very shaky. The US were handed what was really nothing more than a training game in the quarter final when they were paired against a Cuban team that was missing 5 key players, all of whom had chosen to defect. It would be easy to say that the 6-0 US win was as expected, but in fairness, running up the score against any international team is not as easy as it may seem. The Americans will take some real confidence from that win, especially with their clinical finishing in front of goal. The Jamaicans are a confident bunch, and they have been constantly stating that they believe they can win the whole tournament. That belief seems to be growing, as they survived a tense affair against Haiti, with Giles Barnes getting the lone goal in a 1-0 win. A big part of their confidence has to come from the performance that they put in at the Copa America a month or so ago. They were invited to the tournament and drawn into a group that included Argentina and Uruguay. The Reggae Boyz lost all three of their games by a 1-0 scoreline, and left the tournament with the admiration of everyone who watched them play. If the US believe that they are going to be able to come into this game and sweep Jamaica aside, they had better think again.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Predictions: Who Will Win It All?
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Update: Group E and Group F Winners & Losers
- Top 2021 Copa America Matches to Bet On This Week: Uruguay vs Bolivia, Paraguay vs Chile
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Update: Group C and Group D Winners & Losers
- Top 2021 MLS Games To Wager On From June 25 to June 27
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Update: Group A and Group B Winners & Losers
- Top 2021 Copa America Matches to Bet On This Week: Peru vs Ecuador, Colombia vs Brazil
- UEFA Euro 2020 Group Stage Betting Update
- Top 2021 USL Championship Games to Bet On From June 23 to 27
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On the Weekend: Paraguay Looking to Keep Leadership In Group B
- Top UEFA Euro 2020 Matches to Bet On: Germany vs Portugal Game Highlights the Weekend
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On: Bolivia vs Chile, Uruguay vs Argentina
- Top 2021 MLS Games To Wager On From June 18 to June 20
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Odds: Slovakia vs Sweden, Czech Republic vs Croatia, Scotland vs England
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On: Venezuela vs Colombia, Peru vs Brazil