Manchester United have not found it easy in Europe with their return to the Champions League betting odds. Out of the three games they have played so far, they have only managed to win one game, losing one and drawing the other. It was expected that they would be the top team in their pool, but going by the way they are struggling, it will take a really solid effort for them to qualify for the next stage of the competition, leave alone topping their group.
In this week’s online betting soccer lines, the Red Devils will be hoping to boost their winning résumé when they host CSKA Moscow, a side that has so far proven tough to beat in the group, owing a similar record like United. Below is a brief soccer betting guide of their clash.
Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester
Date: Tuesday, November 03, 2015
Time: 19:45 BST
TV: BT Sport Europe
Soccer Lines: Manchester to win Utd1/2, Draw 16/5, CSKA Moscow to win 11/2
Old Trafford faithfuls will be hoping that their team’s current goal drought ends in their quest for a UEFA win. Manchester United have gone three games without scoring in all competitions and have drawn four consecutive games, including the 0-0 draw against Middlesbrough in the League Cup that saw them bundled out of the competition via penalties. The last time they scored was in the first leg of the Champions League game away to CSKA Moscow a fortnight ago, a game that ended in a 1-1 draw.
Even so, they have not lost a game since being defeated by Arsenal back in October, making it five games in a row without a loss. Louis Van Gaal’s team, which houses talented players like Rooney, Mata and Martial in offense, and the likes of De Gea and Smalling in the defense, can thus be hopeful of a win this Tuesday.
Conversely, CSKA Moscow looks strong after winning 11 out of 14 in their league with three draws that have helped them maintain their unbeaten domestic run. Entering this game, they are currently on top of the standings in Russia.
Interestingly, Man United has scored for goals in Europe since the start of group stages, and are facing a CSKA Moscow side that has conceded four. Meanwhile, Man United have also conceded four and will face a Moscow offense that has similarly scored four goals in the Champions League. A highly cagey affair can thus be expected from them this week.
• Manchester United: Antonio Valencia, James Wilson and Memphis Depay,
• CSKA: Bibras Natcho and Vasiliy Berezutski
• Manchester United have failed to go past the group stages just twice before
• Manchester United have reached the finals thrice in the last 7 seasons
• Manchester United are 1-2-0 against CSKA Moscow
• CSKA are without a win against Manchester United
• CSKA are 2-4-6 against English clubs in any European Competition
•CSKA has never lost at Old Trafford
The hosts can feel the frustration the fans are having and will want to throw themselves out there and do whatever it takes to win this game. To do so, they will bank on their resolute defense that has only conceded one goal in the last five games in all competitions. All they need is a goal or two, and another solid output from the defense, to get the win. That said, the visitors will not be a walk in the park, and any slight complacency could easily lead to a loss by the hosts. All in all, expect a low-scoring win for Manchester United with the possibility of a clean sheet from De Gea.
Verdict: United Wins 2-0.
Join for Free
Topics, Sports & Betting Info
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 17th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 10th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 3rd Edition
- Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 27th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 20th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 13th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 6th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 30th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 23rd Edition
- Minnesota vs LAFC Game Preview, MLS Odds & Prediction
- Portland vs Montreal MLS Betting Preview & Expert Pick – July 21st
- Dallas at Houston Preview, MLS Lines & Expert Pick
- Philadelphia Union vs LA Galaxy MLS Betting Lines & Prediction
- Revolution vs Red Bulls Game Info, MLS Odds & Pick
- Sevilla vs Benfica 2018 ICC Soccer Odds & Prediction
- Bayern Munich vs PSG 2018 ICC Odds & Prediction
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund 2018 ICC Odds & Expert Pick
- 2018 International Champions Cup Betting Preview
- MLS Betting Picks for Week 21 Action
- Early 2022 World Cup Odds & Betting Predictions
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 16th Edition
- Belgium v England 2018 World Cup Third Place Game Odds & Pick
- France vs Croatia 2018 World Cup Final Betting Prediction
- Ronaldo is On His Way to Juventus
- World Cup 2018 Printable Bracket
- Analyzing the 2018 World Cup Odds for Top 5 Favorites
- 2018 World Cup Group Odds