Road to Leicester! Capital One Cup time! Improving my Rummikub skills. pic.twitter.com/HNU27uj5OI— Pedro Mba Obiang (@Obiang14) September 21, 2015
The upcoming third round League Cup fixtures on Tuesday, September 22nd offers soccer betting fans plenty of opportunities to find good betting value in the football odds. Even though many elite clubs do not take the competition with a lot of seriousness until the late stages, teams from lower divisions see it as a chance to compete against the big clubs and record a big upset along the way to the finals. The breakdown below provides succinct soccer betting tips on how to place your wagers in the hottest games of the day.
• Leicester City is DWD in its last three games
• The Hammers are WWW in their last three games
• Total matches played between both teams__ Leicester won 44, West Ham won 51 and draw 29
Best Pick: A 2-1 win is in favor of the Hammers
Despite playing in the lower division this season, Hull has enough experience required to compete for this championship, having been in the top flight on several occasions, including the 2014-15 EPL campaign. With Jake Livermore, Robert Snodgrass and Abel Hernández on board, Hull City are still a force to reckon, and bearing in mind that they are seeking to get back to the top-flight football by the end of this season, they’ll certainly want to make the most of this game. Swansea, on the reverse, is greatly improved this season and are hoping to finish within the top 7 in the EPL. With André Ayew, and Bafetimbi Gomis already terrorizing many defenses at any slight opportunity in front of goal regardless of the competition, Hull will need a very disciplined game to stop the Swans from swarming all over them.
• Hull is DWL in its last three matches
• Swansea is DLW in its last three games
• Total matches played between both teams__ Hull won 24, Swansea won 30 and draw 16
Best Pick: Swansea beats Hull 2-0.
• Fulham is LWW in its last three games
• Stroke is DLL in its last three games
• Total matches played between both teams__ Fulham won 32, Stroke won 29 and draw is 15
Best Pick: Both teams fight for a 1-1 draw in regulation time, but Fulham goes on to win the contest extra time.
• The Citizens are LLW in their last three games in all competitions
• The Black Cats are LLD in last three Premier League games
• The Citizens have won three, drawn 1 and lost once in their last five meetings with Sunderland
Best Pick: Manchester City outclasses Sunderland and wins the game 4-0, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
Roberto Martinez boys believe they have the required squad depth to be successful in the League Cup competition, but their trip to Reading in the third round tie is not going to be a walk in the park. Both teams have only met once in the League Cup, with the Toffees winning 1-0 in the second round in the 1973/74 season. The Royals, on the flipside, have only gone beyond the third round once in the past nine years, losing to Leeds in 2012, Fulham in 2013 and Swansea in 2014. All these losses were away from home, though, so they could be in for a better game at home this Tuesday.
• The Toffees are DWD in their last three games
• The Royals are WLW in their last three games
• The Toffees have won twice and lost thrice in their last five meetings with the Royals
Best Pick: A nervy 2-1 win is favor of the visiting Toffees