When UEFA decided that it was time to change the seeding process for the Champions League, there was always the opportunity for online betting fans that we would get a tasty match-up in the group stages. We got that in Group A, where Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid were drawn together. They will meet in Paris for the first of 2 group meetings on Wednesday evening for delight of soccer betting fans.
PSG have spent a lot of money in recent years, landing big name talent like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Angel Di Maria. Those financial outlays have put some real pressure on Laurent Blanc, as the manager is expected to do better than the 3 quarter-final appearances that PSG have had over the past 3 seasons. It certainly looks as though they are going to cruise through the group stage, as they won their first 2 games in rather easy fashion.
That might suggest that there isn’t a lot of pressure on them to do well in this one, but a first place finish in the group might mean an easier draw in the knockout stages of the competition. PSG are certainly in fine form, and are unbeaten in all competitions through their first 12 games of the season. They are unbeaten in 9 straight games at home, and have bagged 29 goals during that run.
Real Madrid have won the Champions League a record 10 times, and the pressure is very much on Rafa Benitez to make it 11 this season. In order for that to happen, Madrid are going to have to once again rely on the brilliance of Cristiano Ronaldo. This is a team loaded with talent, but it is the mercurial Ronaldo who provides the fuel for the Real Madrid engine. He has certainly started this season in magnificent form, and recently broke the club goal scoring record previously held by Raul.
Madrid have also had comfortable wins in their opening two group games, with Ronaldo netting a hat trick in the 4-0 win over Shaktar Donetsk. Real may be on the road for this one, but they are unbeaten away from home in 8 consecutive Champions League games.
It may sound as though I am sitting on the fence here, but this very much looks like a draw to me. Real will be happy with that result, as they could then take care of business back at the Bernabeu.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – Oct. 15th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – October 1st Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 25th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 17th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks for the Week – September 10th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – September 3rd Edition
- Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 27th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 20th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 13th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – August 6th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 30th Edition
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 23rd Edition
- Minnesota vs LAFC Game Preview, MLS Odds & Prediction
- Portland vs Montreal MLS Betting Preview & Expert Pick – July 21st
- Dallas at Houston Preview, MLS Lines & Expert Pick
- Philadelphia Union vs LA Galaxy MLS Betting Lines & Prediction
- Revolution vs Red Bulls Game Info, MLS Odds & Pick
- Sevilla vs Benfica 2018 ICC Soccer Odds & Prediction
- Bayern Munich vs PSG 2018 ICC Odds & Prediction
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund 2018 ICC Odds & Expert Pick
- 2018 International Champions Cup Betting Preview
- MLS Betting Picks for Week 21 Action
- Early 2022 World Cup Odds & Betting Predictions
- Top Soccer Betting Picks of the Week – July 16th Edition
- Belgium v England 2018 World Cup Third Place Game Odds & Pick