Arsenal vs. Tottenham Match Preview and Betting AnalysisVenue: White Hart Lane, London Date: Wednesday 23, September 2015 Time: 20:45 PM CAT TV: Sky Sports 1 Barely a week ago, the Gunners were shooting everything in sight and bragging of a solid winning run, while the Spurs were still looking for their first win of the season. Fast-forward to this week, the two teams are meeting in the Capital One Championship with the tables turned upside down. Reeling off two losses, including the 2-0 weekend loss over Chelsea, Arsene Wenger is looking to get back on the winning column. Since an early cup exit would hurt his team’s confidence going into other competitions and put the coach under fire, nothing will be acceptable from this game except a win. Olivier Giroud and Joel Campbell are likely to feature in the lineup, along with the likes of Oxlade Chamberlain and Aaron Ramsey in the bid for a good offensive performance. On the opposite side of the ball, Per Mertesacker or Gabriel are the likely candidates for central defense, along with Calum Chambers, Mathieu Debuchy, Kieran Gibbs and David Ospina, who are all expected to take care of business in the Gunners’ defensive line. Conversely, the Spurs are in high spirits to continue their three-game winning streak, having won 1-0 over Crystal Palace in their last EPL encounter in the weekend to move into the top half of the Premier League standings. Having lost to Chelsea in last season’s finals, the Spurs fans will be demanding a strong team, as they face Arsenal to maintain their six-game unbeaten run in all competitions since losing 1-0 to Manchester United. The Spurs could also make some rotation in their starting lineup as Christian Eriksen, who is working his way back into the team after an injury, could be replaced by Danny Ross after being rested over the weekend. If all goes well for the Spurs, new signings Kevin Wimmer, Clinton N’Jie and Kieran Trippier could also receive some game time. New Tottenham goal-scoring machine Son Heung-Min of South Korea could also be granted more game time, having scored thrice in the Spurs last three games. The Gunners defense must thus prepare to deal with both Son and Harry Kane offensively, or the increasingly porous Arsenal defense could be in for trouble.
Possible Starting Lineups
- Arsenal: Ospina, Chambers, Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Arteta, Bielik, Flamini, Campbell, Giroud and Iwobi
- Tottenham: Vorm, Fazio, Rose, Trippier, Wimmer, Carroll, Eriksen, Onomah, Townsend, Kane and Son
- Arsenal Last Five in All Competitions, LLWWD
- Tottenham Last Five in All Competitions, WWWDD
Key Betting Trends
- Tottenham has been eliminated by Premier League opposition in the previous nine years (discounting 2008 when they won it).
- The Spurs took four points off of the Gunners last season, which included a 2-1 win at White Hart Lane
- The Gunners are WWWLD in their last five meetings with the Spurs