This Wednesday, the reigning UEFA Champions League champions Barcelona will start their campaign to defend the European title with a battle against A.S. Roma. Much of the talk about this game by soccer betting fans has been centered on the likes of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar Jr. from Barcelona, and Daniele De Rossi, Mohamed Salah and Edin Dzeko on the Roma side, and rightfully so, going by the pedigree of skills and efficiency brought by these players.Luis Enrique, who was in charge of Roma for the 2011-12 season and is now the head coach of Barcelona. As he faces a return to the Stadio Olimpico, will Enrique be able to lead his team to victory, or will Roma’s revamped unit provide an upset in the UEFA Champions League betting odds? Follow us, as we take you through a breakdown of this enthralling soccer matchup. Venue: Stadio Olimpico, Rome Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 Time: 2:45 PM Eastern time; 7.45 PM UK time TV: Fox Sports 1(US), BT Sport Extra (UK)
Roma vs. Barcelona Soccer Odds Preview, Analysis and PicksSoccer Odds:
- Roma 9/2, Barcelona 4/7, Draw 3/1
- Over/Under: 2.5 goals (over 5/6, under 5/6)
- Barcelona to Win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1: 13/8
Possible Starting Lineups
- Roma: Szczęsny; Florenzi, Rüdiger, Manolas, Digne; Nainggolan, De Rossi, Keita; Salah, Džeko, Falque
- Barcelona: Ter Stegen; Roberto, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba; Iniesta, Busquets, Rakitić; Neymar, Messi, Suárez.
Form Guide in All Competitions, *most recent first*
- Roma: WWD
- Barcelona: WWWW
Key Betting Trends
- Roma lost three out of five home fixtures in Europe last term
- Barcelona won four of six away games in last season’s Champions League campaign, scoring in every one (15 goals in total).
- Roma’s overall home record against Liga sides is: W6 D0 L5.
- Barcelona have won just one of their last six matches in Italy. Their overall record from 20 away matches against Serie A sides is W6 D8 L6
- Barcelona are 2-3-2 in seven all-time meetings against Roma