I wrote last week about how I thought that Petra Kvitova would roll to a second consecutive Wimbledon title this year, but I am going to have to adjust my pick, as she was taken out by Jelena Jankovic in the 3rd round. This would seem to leave the door wide open for tennis betting favorite Serena Williams, but there is still some work to be done in week 2. The women have completed their round of 16 matches, so let’s take a look at the quarter final matches and beyond.
Top-ranked Serena Williams took out her sister Venus in the 4th round, and will now face Victoria Azarenka (#23) in the quarter finals. While this may seem like a relatively easy win for Williams on paper, Azarenka has looked very good so far in this tournament. She has yet to drop a set through the first four rounds, and should deliver a solid challenge for the #1. That said, you still have to believe that Williams will come out on top.
The winner of that match will face whoever comes out on top when Maria Sharapova (#4) takes on unranked Coco Vandeweghe. This is another match that could prove tricky for the favored player as Vandeweghe has shown that she has what it takes to take out the big names. She has ousted 3 ranked players – Pliskova (#11), Stosur (#22), and Safarova (#6) – on her way to the quarter finals. This is one that could deliver another upset.
The bottom half of the draw has a pair of intriguing match-ups that feature 4 lower ranked players. Spaniard GarbineMuguruza (#20) will face TimeaBacsinzky (#15) from Switzerland. Both of these women are somewhat of a surprise, which should make this one a very interesting game to watch. The fact that the bottom half is filled with lower seeds means that there is going to be a surprise player in the final. This one looks like a bit of a coin flip, but I am going with Muguruza, as she has to be on a high after knocking off Caroline Wozniacki.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – October 15th Edition
- Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – October 8th Edition
- Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – October 1st Edition
- Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – September 24th Edition
- Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – September 17th Edition
- Expert Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – September 10th
- 2018 U.S. Open Women’s Finals Odds & Pick
- 2018 U.S. Open Tennis Men’s Semifinals Odds & Preview
- 2018 U.S. Open Women’s Semifinals Odds & Preview
- 2018 U.S. Open Men’s Quarterfinals Betting Preview
- 2018 US Open Women’s Quarterfinals Betting Preview
- 2018 US Open Betting Preview & Tennis Expert Picks
- Wimbledon 2018 Men’s Finals
- 2018 Wimbledon Women’s Final Betting Prediction
- 2018 Wimbledon Men’s Semifinals Betting Preview & Picks
- 2018 Wimbledon Women’s Semifinals Betting Predictions
- Tennis Betting Predictions for 2018 Wimbledon Men’s Quarterfinals
- 2018 Wimbledon Women’s Quarterfinals Betting Predictions
- 2018 Wimbledon Women’s Round of 16 Betting Review
- 2018 Wimbledon Men’s Round of 16 Betting Review
- Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – July 2nd Edition
- Expert 2018 Wimbledon Women’s First Round Tennis Predictions
- 2018 Wimbledon Men’s First Round Tennis Betting Prediction
- Expert Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – June 19th Edition
- Top Tennis Betting Picks of the Week – June 11th Edition