I wrote last week about how I thought that Petra Kvitova would roll to a second consecutive Wimbledon title this year, but I am going to have to adjust my pick, as she was taken out by Jelena Jankovic in the 3rd round. This would seem to leave the door wide open for tennis betting favorite Serena Williams, but there is still some work to be done in week 2. The women have completed their round of 16 matches, so let’s take a look at the quarter final matches and beyond.
Top-ranked Serena Williams took out her sister Venus in the 4th round, and will now face Victoria Azarenka (#23) in the quarter finals. While this may seem like a relatively easy win for Williams on paper, Azarenka has looked very good so far in this tournament. She has yet to drop a set through the first four rounds, and should deliver a solid challenge for the #1. That said, you still have to believe that Williams will come out on top.The winner of that match will face whoever comes out on top when Maria Sharapova (#4) takes on unranked Coco Vandeweghe. This is another match that could prove tricky for the favored player as Vandeweghe has shown that she has what it takes to take out the big names. She has ousted 3 ranked players – Pliskova (#11), Stosur (#22), and Safarova (#6) – on her way to the quarter finals. This is one that could deliver another upset.The bottom half of the draw has a pair of intriguing match-ups that feature 4 lower ranked players. Spaniard GarbineMuguruza (#20) will face TimeaBacsinzky (#15) from Switzerland. Both of these women are somewhat of a surprise, which should make this one a very interesting game to watch. The fact that the bottom half is filled with lower seeds means that there is going to be a surprise player in the final. This one looks like a bit of a coin flip, but I am going with Muguruza, as she has to be on a high after knocking off Caroline Wozniacki.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Early ATP & WTA 2021 Wimbledon Betting Odds
- ATP 2021 Halle Open Betting Preview & Predictions
- ATP 2021 Queen’s Club Championships Betting Preview
- ATP 2021 French Open Betting Update: Tsitsipas Edges out Zverev
- WTA 2021 French Open Betting Update: Pavlyuchenkova and Krejcikova Advance to The Finals
- WTA 2021 French Open Betting Update: Underdogs Through into The Next Round
- ATP & WTA 2021 French Open Betting Update: Zidanšek on a Roll, Djoković Dodges the Bullet
- ATP & WTA 2021 French Open Betting Update: Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal Out!
- ATP & WTA 2021 French Open Update: Scandal on The French Court
- ATP & WTA 2021 French Open Update: World no.1 Ashleigh Barty Is Out
- ATP & WTA 2021 French Open Update: Belinda Latest Big Name Exit
- ATP & WTA 2021 French Open Update: Naomi Osaka and Roberto Carballes Baena Out
- 2021 French Open Betting Update & Weekend Recap
- WTA 2021 French Open Betting Update – Women’s Singles
- ATP 2021 French Open Betting Update – Men’s Singles