Hey NFL betting fans, do you remember that famous celebration from September 2014 game between the Lions and Packers? No, I am not referring to Andrew Quarless’ celebration from scoring a TD on an Aaron Rodgers pass, the one I am talking about is the mocking celebration by Detroit linebacker Stephen Tulloch against Green Bay in that same game. You still don’t remember? Aaaargh, you are such a spoilsport! Okay, let me jog your memory… This is what happened. So Aaron Rodgers was in his element trying to do his thing for the Packers, passing for touchdowns and all, but in the process of attempting a play, Tulloch sacked him. Unfortunately for the linebacker, his exaggerated celebration of the sack earned him an injury and was unable to continue in the game. To his relief, though, the Lions eventually won the game 19-7 and his sack counted as crucial moment in the game. Lets see that again…
When later asked about the dumbness of him getting injured as he tried to mimic Rodgers’ “title belt” celebration, Tulloch said, “I made a play on the quarterback to help my team and unfortunately I got up and in the celebration, and it happened,” so there was no need for him to feel embarrassed. Well, I don’t know about you, but for someone who had admittedly “played nine years in the league” without missing any game, getting forced out of his first NFL game due to an injury from celebration was really stupid and embarrassing, to say the least.
In his defense, Tulloch is not the only player in the league to have suffered a dumb injury. Here is a sweeping look at some other players who’ve had bad or worse dumb injuries:
“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
– Albert Einstein.
The incident could prove costly for the DE, who is yet to sign a new long-term contract with the team. If he is set to miss a significant amount of time from the team, the starter may not only lose his job, but the management can decide to rescind the franchise tag offer he received from the team, making him an unrestricted free agent. Despite the dumbness of his mishap, let’s hope he makes a speedy recovery from the injuries in time for the new season, especially for the sake of his NFL career that has been quite fruitful, so far.
Expectedly, the head vs. wall experiment turned out to be hurtful for him, as he suffered a sprained neck. The QB had to be taken to a hospital after halftime and his team played the rest of the game without him. As it turned out, the game ended 7-7, with both teams sharing the spoils. If only Frerotte had stayed in the game…
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
- 2016 Oscar Academy Awards Odds Guide
- Every Team’s Worst Head Coach According to NFL Betting Fans
- Eye-Opening NFL and NCAAF Online Betting Breakdown: Who’s Bringing Home the Bacon!
- Online Sportsbook Editorial: Should Peyton Manning Retire?
- MLB Betting Editorial: A Look Back at Zito, Mulder and Hudson
- NBA Odds: Easy Travels: The New NBA Finals Format
- RIP Yogi Berra, A Look Back At His Amazing Life
- Online Betting News: Trouble at Rutgers: Criminal Probes, Academic Misconduct
- NFL Betting Fans Want To Know: Who is Federal Judge Richard Berman?
- Online Betting Editorial: Why The NFL Lost The DeflateGate Case
- Online Betting Fans Vote: The 10 Ugliest NHL Uniforms Ever
- MLB Betting Fans Vote: Ugliest Uniforms Ever
- NBA Betting: The 10 Ugliest NBA Uniforms Ever
- NFL Betting: Will Chris Borland’s Retirement Wreck the NFL?
- NFL Betting: Former Quarterback Erik Kramer’s Tragic Suicide Attempt
- The Olympic Bid Online Betting Update: Los Angeles 2024
- Online Betting: Chris Froome: “I Can Win 5 More Tours”
- NCAAF Betting: More Violations Plague the UNC Athletic Program
- MMA Betting Analysis – Could Ronda Rousey Really Beat Floyd Mayweather?
- Online Betting Bad Choices Soon To Be Out: Tiger Woods and A-Rod
- Online Betting Fans Dare To Dream: The Unlikely Cardale Jones – Ronda Rousey Romance
- 10 Biggest Punishments in Sports Betting History
- Top 7 Most Awkward Interviews in Sportsbetting History
- Sports Editorial: Bizarre Off-the-field Injuries
- Strangest Sports Rituals and Superstitions