From crossing the fingers when gambling, players not washing their socks or uniforms when they are on a winning streak, Boston Red Sox third baseman Wade Boggs eating fried chicken before every game or else he would doomed for a bad day at the plate, Stephen Curry ritualistically “feeling the ball and the court” by taking some shots with his trainers, or nobody talking about a no-hitter in the dugout even when it’s happening… Superstitions, rituals, jinxes or whatever else you call them, are part and parcel of sports and the sportsbetting world.
Personally, I am not into all the superstition stuff and all, but I do know that all the major and best events in my life always happen on days that have the number 7 in it. I guess that’s why I am looking forward to the month of July, which coincidentally has my birthday in it. If you wanna ride on my luck, be sure to watch out all the predictions and previews I’ll be making next month because I’m sure it’s going to be a hell of a winning month for me in everything I do.
Anyway, back to the matter at hand—what are some of the craziest Sportsbetting superstitions you’ve heard or read? We’d definitely love to hear from you, so don’t hesitate to drop what’s on your mind in the comments section. For me, these are the strangest sportsbetting superstitions I’ve come across so far:
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- 2016 Oscar Academy Awards Odds Guide
- Every Team’s Worst Head Coach According to NFL Betting Fans
- Eye-Opening NFL and NCAAF Online Betting Breakdown: Who’s Bringing Home the Bacon!
- Online Sportsbook Editorial: Should Peyton Manning Retire?
- MLB Betting Editorial: A Look Back at Zito, Mulder and Hudson
- NBA Odds: Easy Travels: The New NBA Finals Format
- RIP Yogi Berra, A Look Back At His Amazing Life
- Online Betting News: Trouble at Rutgers: Criminal Probes, Academic Misconduct
- NFL Betting Fans Want To Know: Who is Federal Judge Richard Berman?
- Online Betting Editorial: Why The NFL Lost The DeflateGate Case
- Online Betting Fans Vote: The 10 Ugliest NHL Uniforms Ever
- MLB Betting Fans Vote: Ugliest Uniforms Ever
- NBA Betting: The 10 Ugliest NBA Uniforms Ever
- NFL Betting: Will Chris Borland’s Retirement Wreck the NFL?
- NFL Betting: Former Quarterback Erik Kramer’s Tragic Suicide Attempt
- The Olympic Bid Online Betting Update: Los Angeles 2024
- Online Betting: Chris Froome: “I Can Win 5 More Tours”
- NCAAF Betting: More Violations Plague the UNC Athletic Program
- MMA Betting Analysis – Could Ronda Rousey Really Beat Floyd Mayweather?
- Online Betting Bad Choices Soon To Be Out: Tiger Woods and A-Rod
- Online Betting Fans Dare To Dream: The Unlikely Cardale Jones – Ronda Rousey Romance
- 10 Biggest Punishments in Sports Betting History
- Top 7 Most Awkward Interviews in Sportsbetting History
- Sports Editorial: Bizarre Off-the-field Injuries
- Hall of Shame: Dumbest Injuries NFL Betting Fans Have Ever Seen