As the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) was preparing its bid for the 2024 Olympics, it looked like Boston was going to be the city under consideration. Civic leaders in the area were excited about the bid, but it turned out that the people living in Boston were not. A local effort to derail the bid was largely successful, and Boston withdrew. Now, it looks like if the United States will put in a bid for the 2024 Olympic Games (a summer year), that bid will be on behalf of Los Angeles, which hosted the 1984 Summer Games. The USOC CEO Scott Blackmun spoke to the press after calling a board meeting last Wednesday, and he was optimistic that the committee could bring together a plan that would leave Los Angeles as the bidding city, reports CNBC. The hope of the online betting community is that this will become official by the end of August. Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles would be the centerpiece of any Olympic Games held in the city. Los Angeles has also hosted the Olympics in 1932 and 1984, and the Coliseum was the centerpiece then too. The 1984 Games were one of the most successful ever, and the region still has positive feelings from that experience and the legacy that it left for the city. International Olympic Committee will make its choice. The last time the U.S. hosted a Summer Games was 1996, when Atlanta hosted them. If Los Angeles can get its bid together in time, there is a chance that the Games could return to the United States for the first time in a generation. Sources: Wikipedia.org (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Memorial_Coliseum) Olympic.org (http://www.olympic.org/ioc)
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2016 Oscar Academy Awards Odds Guide
- Every Team’s Worst Head Coach According to NFL Betting Fans
- Eye-Opening NFL and NCAAF Online Betting Breakdown: Who’s Bringing Home the Bacon!
- Online Sportsbook Editorial: Should Peyton Manning Retire?
- MLB Betting Editorial: A Look Back at Zito, Mulder and Hudson
- NBA Odds: Easy Travels: The New NBA Finals Format
- RIP Yogi Berra, A Look Back At His Amazing Life
- Online Betting News: Trouble at Rutgers: Criminal Probes, Academic Misconduct
- NFL Betting Fans Want To Know: Who is Federal Judge Richard Berman?
- Online Betting Editorial: Why The NFL Lost The DeflateGate Case
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.