Cardale Jones was in a bit of a quandary last week when his fellow quarterback at Ohio State, J.T. Barrett, wandered off with his car keys, leaving Jones locked out for a couple of days. This meant that he had to wait until the first day of training camp to don his sleeveless Ronda Rousey T-shirt. Cardale Jones (@CJ12_) has been sending flirtatious tweets out to @RondaRousey since the most recent ESPY presentation. Then, as Rousey got ready to appear in UFC 190, Jones tweeted out that he ready to watch “his love.” So how does Rousey feel about all this? She finds it “complimentary” but has not responded directly to him yet on Twitter.
Rousey has enough to think about, though, as Cris “Cyborg” Justino looks like she is finally ready to respond to Rousey’s challenge for a fight. There were two barriers keeping the fight from happening: one, Justino is a featherweight (145 pounds), while Rousey is a bantamweight (135 pounds). Justino had long thought she wouldn’t be able to drop those 10 pounds, but she recently switched to a nutritionist who has told her that she can lose the weight and still fight.
The other obstacle is a positive steroid test in Justino’s past. Rousey has referred to it a couple of times, which has prompted Justino to (among more colorful tweets) offer to undergo Olympic-level substance testing in the months leading up to any potential bout. There are rumors swirling around a December 5 fight, allegedly set for AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, but UFC is still officially denying that they have sanctioned such an event. Just because there is a lot of noise and chaos around this fight, though, does not mean that it’s not going to happen. On the contrary, drama is usually reason to think that something is imminent in the UFC.
And what about Cardale Jones? He just had one of the other two quarterbacks at Ohio State (Braxton Miller) slide out to wide receiver, narrowing that depth chart. Jones, of course, quarterbacked the Buckeyes through the College Football Playoff last winter and is the presumptive starter. He has enough to worry about with the upcoming game at Virginia Tech. While the Hokies were ridiculous in their inconsistency last year, the truth is that they were the only team to beat Ohio State last year – and they won on the Buckeyes’ home field. Now Ohio State has to be the road team in a stadium where many talented teams have seen their dreams die. If Frank Beamer’s team can pull off the upset two years in a row, it will raise a lot of questions about whether the Buckeyes really have what it takes to make it back to the College Football Playoff. That kind of stress can really wreak havoc on a relationship, so Jones and Rousey might want to keep things platonic at least until January.
Sports & Betting Topics
- 2016 Oscar Academy Awards Odds Guide
- Every Team’s Worst Head Coach According to NFL Betting Fans
- Eye-Opening NFL and NCAAF Online Betting Breakdown: Who’s Bringing Home the Bacon!
- Online Sportsbook Editorial: Should Peyton Manning Retire?
- MLB Betting Editorial: A Look Back at Zito, Mulder and Hudson
- NBA Odds: Easy Travels: The New NBA Finals Format
- RIP Yogi Berra, A Look Back At His Amazing Life
- Online Betting News: Trouble at Rutgers: Criminal Probes, Academic Misconduct
- NFL Betting Fans Want To Know: Who is Federal Judge Richard Berman?
- Online Betting Editorial: Why The NFL Lost The DeflateGate Case
- Online Betting Fans Vote: The 10 Ugliest NHL Uniforms Ever
- MLB Betting Fans Vote: Ugliest Uniforms Ever
- NBA Betting: The 10 Ugliest NBA Uniforms Ever
- NFL Betting: Will Chris Borland’s Retirement Wreck the NFL?
- NFL Betting: Former Quarterback Erik Kramer’s Tragic Suicide Attempt
- The Olympic Bid Online Betting Update: Los Angeles 2024
- Online Betting: Chris Froome: “I Can Win 5 More Tours”
- NCAAF Betting: More Violations Plague the UNC Athletic Program
- MMA Betting Analysis – Could Ronda Rousey Really Beat Floyd Mayweather?
- Online Betting Bad Choices Soon To Be Out: Tiger Woods and A-Rod
- 10 Biggest Punishments in Sports Betting History
- Top 7 Most Awkward Interviews in Sportsbetting History
- Sports Editorial: Bizarre Off-the-field Injuries
- Hall of Shame: Dumbest Injuries NFL Betting Fans Have Ever Seen
- Strangest Sports Rituals and Superstitions
- 2015 Mybookie MLB Beard Watch
- Athletes & Sports Heroes Who Would Make Great Pro Wrestlers
- Forgotten Athletes Sports Betting Fans Once Loved
- NFL’s Patriots and Other Cheats and Tricks that Changed Forever
- Red Underwear, No Sex and Other Strangest Sports Superstitions