The media and sports drama go together like two Siamese twins, with both elements not being able to function exclusively without each other in the world of sportsbetting. And with reporters, on one hand, always seeking to find headlines and juicy stories at all costs, and the sports personalities, on the other hand, either looking to take advantage of the media or avoid making headlines for private reasons; a lot of awkwardness is guaranteed to be part and parcel of sports interviews. With that in mind, here is our compilation of the most awkward sports interviews in Sportsbetting history:
So, it turns out Bonilla had a known history of feuding with reporters, but on this day, he took it to a whole new level. Refusing to take one for the team, Bonilla had a memorable quote on National TV, telling a reporter that, “Shove that mic up your (expletive) as far as you can stick it.” I don’t know whether he regrets going on such an angry tirade in hindsight, or is proud that he is remembered for one of the most awkward sports interviews. True to his well-known explosive personality, Tyson got incensed by questions from Salsberg and acted out by giving a heated response rather than offering a real answer. Known for his outbursts during his days as an NBA player, Shaq often got into a lot of trouble because of his inability to guard his mouth like he guarded the rim. In 2006, for example, he was fined twice for using profanity on national TV when being interviewed by reporters, including one suspension without pay for one game, costing the Lakers about $295,000. Many athletes often give cooked up answers or make up some intelligent excuses when asked about the touchy subject of same-sex relationships and marriages, but those people aren’t Samuel. Commenting on the issue, Samuel went all out saying it was ungodly for such things to be encouraged and awkwardly added that “I don’t like gay people.” Samuel even said he’d be willing to help the NFL “deal with” gay players if the league would cut him a check.No Questions Please! Andy Reid. Interviewer: Sal Paolantonio, Interviewee: Andy Reid, Date: 20/9/2013 Probably because of the emotional nature of facing his former team, Reid had supposedly told the media he would not be doing a walk-off interview. But ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio seemingly didn’t get the memo, or just wanted to be a mean jackass, so he still approached Reid after the Chiefs won against the Eagles. What resulted was a concoction of a funny and strange interview, with Reid looking utterly uncomfortable. Unless you live under some godforsaken rock with no TV or internet, you must by now know that NFL’s superstar running back Marshawn Lynch doesn’t like talking to the media and has faced a number of fines because of it. But after being cautioned about a heavy fine if he refused to talk to reporters on the NFL Media Day, he responded to 29 different questions using just one phrase, “I’m just here so I won’t get fined.” And when the required five minutes of interview elapsed, he shouted … “Time!” and then left. Talk of running down the NFL rules and the hot-headed media in just one snap! Known for his ability to tear down reporters with his witty, humorous and sarcastic answers, Jose Mourinho flipped the script on this day, as he decided to avoid a question from a reporter, saying “sorry, see you tomorrow” before walking out of the interview and leaving the reporter flabbergasted and lost for words.Sources Wikipedia.org (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tyson#Personal_life)
Join for Free
Topics, Sports & Betting Info
Sports Betting News Division is proudly brought to you by MyBookie Sportsbook & Casino
More Betting Articles
- 2016 Oscar Academy Awards Odds Guide
- Every Team’s Worst Head Coach According to NFL Betting Fans
- Eye-Opening NFL and NCAAF Online Betting Breakdown: Who’s Bringing Home the Bacon!
- Online Sportsbook Editorial: Should Peyton Manning Retire?
- MLB Betting Editorial: A Look Back at Zito, Mulder and Hudson
- NBA Odds: Easy Travels: The New NBA Finals Format
- RIP Yogi Berra, A Look Back At His Amazing Life
- Online Betting News: Trouble at Rutgers: Criminal Probes, Academic Misconduct
- NFL Betting Fans Want To Know: Who is Federal Judge Richard Berman?
- Online Betting Editorial: Why The NFL Lost The DeflateGate Case
- Online Betting Fans Vote: The 10 Ugliest NHL Uniforms Ever
- MLB Betting Fans Vote: Ugliest Uniforms Ever
- NBA Betting: The 10 Ugliest NBA Uniforms Ever
- NFL Betting: Will Chris Borland’s Retirement Wreck the NFL?
- NFL Betting: Former Quarterback Erik Kramer’s Tragic Suicide Attempt
- The Olympic Bid Online Betting Update: Los Angeles 2024
- Online Betting: Chris Froome: “I Can Win 5 More Tours”
- NCAAF Betting: More Violations Plague the UNC Athletic Program
- MMA Betting Analysis – Could Ronda Rousey Really Beat Floyd Mayweather?
- Online Betting Bad Choices Soon To Be Out: Tiger Woods and A-Rod
- Online Betting Fans Dare To Dream: The Unlikely Cardale Jones – Ronda Rousey Romance
- 10 Biggest Punishments in Sports Betting History
- Sportsbetting Editorial: Bizarre Off-the-field Injuries
- Hall of Shame: Dumbest Injuries NFL Betting Fans Have Ever Seen
- Strangest Sports Rituals and Superstitions (Infographic)
- 2015 Mybookie MLB Beard Watch
- Athletes & Sportsbetting Heroes Who Would Make Great Pro Wrestlers