Lost KEY pieces in free agency. Now Ravens face another tall task heading into #NFLDraft: http://t.co/1HkTeLt2nO pic.twitter.com/oL9ly86xFN — NFL (@nfl) April 19, 2015Through the years, many players have entered the league through free agency and become stars and NFL betting favorites. Here’s a look at some of the very best.
This is a good time to be an undrafted free agent in the National Football League. When the Seahawks won the Super Bowl in 2013, 21 members of their roster had entered the league through free agency rather than the draft. The draft itself is a chaotic event, lasting three days and seven rounds. The very format almost guarantees that teams will make mistakes and leave some of the next generation’s superstars undrafted. The way the league does business now means that undrafted free agents have more opportunities. Unlike such sports as baseball and basketball, NFL contracts are not guaranteed. Teams can cut players (if they’re willing to absorb a salary cap hit) if they’re not performing up to par – or even if they are, and the team doesn’t want the full salary cap hit from that player. The perception is that many positions are easy to fill with the next body in line.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- 2016 Oscar Academy Awards Odds Guide
- Every Team’s Worst Head Coach According to NFL Betting Fans
- Eye-Opening NFL and NCAAF Online Betting Breakdown: Who’s Bringing Home the Bacon!
- Online Sportsbook Editorial: Should Peyton Manning Retire?
- MLB Betting Editorial: A Look Back at Zito, Mulder and Hudson
- NBA Odds: Easy Travels: The New NBA Finals Format
- RIP Yogi Berra, A Look Back At His Amazing Life
- Online Betting News: Trouble at Rutgers: Criminal Probes, Academic Misconduct
- NFL Betting Fans Want To Know: Who is Federal Judge Richard Berman?
- Online Betting Editorial: Why The NFL Lost The DeflateGate Case
- Online Betting Fans Vote: The 10 Ugliest NHL Uniforms Ever
- MLB Betting Fans Vote: Ugliest Uniforms Ever
- NBA Betting: The 10 Ugliest NBA Uniforms Ever
- NFL Betting: Will Chris Borland’s Retirement Wreck the NFL?
- NFL Betting: Former Quarterback Erik Kramer’s Tragic Suicide Attempt