The fight between John “The Magician” Dodson and UFC flyweight champion Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson will be about pride, reputation, fans enjoyment and title contention, but most important of all, it will be about getting bettors paid in Saturday MMA betting odds. If you are looking for a piece of that cherry, stay with us, as we slice it down for you in the UFC 191 preview served here-below.
If you’ve been watching UFC fights since recently, you probably don’t know much about Dodson, and rightfully so, going by the fact that he’s been on and off the Octagon with injuries. But for those who’ve been following UFC since way back, or at least since 2013, then when we say Dodson is a real magician on the cage, you probably know what we are talking about.
When Dodson met Johnson in January 2013, The Magician proved to be a real piece of work, landing significant strikes early in the fight and giving a respectable showing that nearly won him the fight. But due to the elusiveness of the Mighty Mouse, who used tactfulness and his stellar wrestling acumen sturdily, the win eventually went to Johnson.
Since that fight, no other fighter has ever come close to beating Johnson ever again. In fact, Johnson has continually grown stronger and has since successfully defended the flyweight title five times and grown to become arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter in the UFC. Meanwhile, Dodson’s career took a not-so-good direction since then, continuously battling several injuries that have seen him miss a lot of action. In total, he’s participated in just three fights since the January 2013 fight—winning them all—but his fitness and ability to give Johnson a real test now is up in the air. Essentially, that’s the reason Johnson comes into this clash as a heavy MMA betting favorite over his fellow American.
Realistically speaking, it won’t be easy for Dodson to force Johnson to hit the deck thrice like he did in 2013, considering the Mighty Mouse has gotten real good at his striking defense (which is currently placed at 66.45%), while his grappling takedown average is high up at 3.74. Comparably, Dodson’s takedown average is at a measly 1.12 and his striking defense is at 61.47%.
It should, however, be noted that, although Johnson is a renowned wrestler, The Magician boasts of a stellar takedown defense efficiency at 88.89% compared to Johnson’s 65.66% mark of defended takedowns. Mighty Mouse will thus have to dig in deep into his bag of tricks to beat his opponent.
Join for Free
Sports & Betting Topics
- UFC Fight Night Denver Odds & Preview
- UFC 230 Odds & Expert Picks
- UFC Fight Night 138 Odds & Prediction
- McGregor vs Khabib – How To Bet On UFC 229 and Come Out On Top
- UFC 229 Odds & Picks
- UFC Fight Night 137 Odds & Predictions – September 22
- UFC Fight Night 136 Odds, Info & Expert Betting Predictions
- UFC 228 Odds, Info & Expert Betting Predictions
- UFC Fight Night 135 Odds & Picks: Gaethje vs Vick
- UFC 227 Odds, Info & Expert Betting Predictions
- UFC on FOX Alvarez vs Poirier 2 Odds & Preview
- UFC Fight Night 134 Odds Preview
- UFC Fight Night Dos Santos vs Ivanov Betting Preview
- UFC 226 Odds, Preview & Expert Betting Picks
- UFC Fight Night 132 MMA Betting Preview & Prediction
- Expert MMA Betting Predictions for UFC 225
- UFC Fight Night 131: Rivera vs Moraes Betting Preview
- MMA Betting Preview & Picks for UFC Fight Night 129
- UFC 224 Betting Preview & Predictions
- MMA Betting Preview & Expert Predictions for Invicta FC 28
- UFC Fight Night 127 Betting Preview & Predictions
- UFC 222 Preview & Expert Predictions for Main Card
- UFC on Fox 28 Betting Preview and Prediction
- UFC 221 Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Top MMA Betting Picks & Predictions for February’s Action