Miocic vs. Hunt MMA Betting Preview + UFC Fight Night 65 Expert Picks
Forget about the overly hyped Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight that turned out to be a complete waste of time and money to hardcore fisticuffs diehards… We have something tougher, better, and definitely worth-looking-forward-to this weekend—On Saturday, May 9, 2015, MMA betting will take center stage as Stipe Miocic and Mark Hunt headline an action-packed night, featuring an array of blood curdling bouts in UFC Fight Night 65.
Here is everything you need to know about betting on the Miocic-Hunt UFC clash, plus free expert MMA picks and predictions for all the matchups in UFC Fight Night 65.
Venue: Adelaide Entertainment Centre in Adelaide, South Australia
Date: Saturday, May 9, 2015 in U.S., Sunday May 10, 2015 in Australia
Time: 11:00 PM ET
TV: FIGHT PASS
Opening Line: Stipe Miocic-160
Stipe Miocic (12-2) vs. Mark Hunt (10-9-1) Fight Preview, Analysis and Prediction
In spite of entering this bout on the back of a 1-2-1 record in his last four fights, including a loss during his last defeat to Fabricio Werdum during the interim heavyweight title on November 2014, Hunt is likely to be the crowd favorite this weekend as he’ll be fighting in homeland. But even more notably, Hunt boasts of brutal power and strength, well-blended with a high-level kickboxing pedigree, which could easily see him close this fight with just one well-timed strike.
Even so, the Super Samoan’s tendency to land fewer shots per minute (3.46) and with lesser accuracy (44.53%) than Miocic (4.78 at 46.68%) could work to Hunt’s disadvantage this weekend. This is especially because the USA-born Miocic is a superior takedown technician than his New Zealand-born counterpart.
In addition, Miocic’s great wrestling skills have seen him perform well against opponents with legitimate knockout power, while his footwork and decent punching skills give him the capacity to measure up to bigger opponents. The combination of such skills should thus be sufficient enough to help him keep up with the Pride and UFC veteran on the floor.
Obviously, Miocic suffered his second career loss against former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos in December 2014, meaning he still needs to get more UFC experience and tactfulness under his belt if he is to win this fight, or even go ahead to establish himself as the title contender he is billed to be. But after giving Santos a hellish time, beating Hunt should certainly be within the realm of possibility for him.
Miocic uses his strong grappling technique and close clinch work to get the better of Hunt and come out of the land “Down Under” with a TKO win within the first three rounds.
Our Expert Picks for the Other Main Card Fights (11 PM ET / 8 PM PT)
- Fight: Brad Tavares (13-1) vs. Robert Whittaker (13-4), Pick: Tavares via decision
- Fight: Anthony Perosh (15-8) vs. Sean O’Connell (16-6), Pick: Perosh via decision
- Fight: Jake Matthews (8-0) vs. James Vick (7-0), Pick: Mathews via TKO
Our Expert Picks for the Preliminary Card (7:45 PM ET/ 4:45 PM PT)
- Fight: Hatsu Hioki (27-8-2) vs. Daniel Hooker (11-5), Pick: Hioki via submission
- Fight: Kyle Noke (20-7-1) vs. Jonavin Webb (8-0), Pick: Webb via unan. decision
- Fight: Daniel Kelly (9-0) vs. Sam Alvey (25-6, 1 NC), Pick: Alvey via KO/TKO
- Fight: Bec Rawlings (5-4) vs. Lisa Ellis (15-9), Pick: Rawlings via unan. decision
- Fight: Dylan Andrews (17-6, 1 NC) vs. Brad Scott (9-3), Pick: Andrews via unan. decision
- Fight: Alex Chambers (4-2) vs. Kailin Curran (3-1), Pick: Curran via unan. decision
- Fight: Vik Grujic (7-4) vs. Brandan O’Reilly (5-1-1), Pick: Grujic via unan. decision
- Fight: Alptekin Ozkilic (9-3) vs. Ben Nguyen (13-5), Pick: Ozkilic via unan. decision
USA Today: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/mayweather-pacquiao-compete-waste-of-time-money-boxing-is-dead-payout