Ascot Gold Cup | Horse Racing
Ascot Gold Cup | Ascot Racecourse
|Venue||Ascot Racecourse, Ascot, England|
|Distance||2m 3f 210y (4,014 metres)|
|Qualification||Four-years-old and up|
Belmont Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Friday, June 5
Friday’s featured horse race at Belmont Park is the $80,000 Harmony Lodge Stakes. The race is at 6 furlongs over the dirt. We handicap and make free horse racing picks for the Harmony Lodge as well as two other great events on Belmont Park’s June 5 race card. Check out top plays and Horse Racing Odds from Belmont Park for Friday, June 5. You can also visit our Online Racebook to place your bets on active racetracks.
Belmont Park Horse Racing Picks
- When: Friday, June 5 at 1:15 pm ET
- Where: Elmont, NY
- Weather: Slight Chance of Rain Showers
- Temperature: High 80 – Low 64
Belmont Park Picks for Friday, June 5Race 6 – 3:59 pm ET – 6 Furlongs Dirt – $62,500 Allowance Optional Claiming
Trainer Chris Englehart puts Tribecca up for the claim. We shouldn’t read too much into it. The 6-year-old gelding has won 4-of-5 for Englehart. At this point, Chris figures the best course of action for the owners is to grab the winner’s share of the purse and the $62,500. Tribecca should track Amundson before overtaking that one in the stretch.
If jockey Kendrick Carmouche aboard Tribecca lets Jorge Vargas aboard Amundson get an easy lead, this one’s over. Quite sure Kendrick won’t let that happen. To be safe, consider an exacta box with the two front runners instead of just keying Tribecca on top.
Instagrand could get over bet in this spot. Trainer Chad Brown takes over for Don Chatlos. That’s a good move because Brown knows how to get them ready to run at Belmont. But the Grade 2 Best Pal win happened back in 2018. Instagrand has yet to perform anywhere close to the way he did winning that race. Also, Brown has to be using this as a prep for a stakes.
- Win: Tribecca
- Place: Amundson
- Show: Instagrand
Race 8 – 5:04 pm ET – 6 Furlongs Turf –$66,000 Allowance
Before going to the bench, Jonathan Shepherd trained China Silk showed she’s got some talent. Silk broke her maiden over the all-weather at Presque Isle. In her first against winners, she lost by a nose in a 6-furlong turf sprint at Aqueduct. She’s worked marvelously for her 2020 debut. Jockey Andrew Wolfston can press, stalk, or take the lead.
Voting Agreement impressed in her first lifetime race. The problem? Although the race was a turf sprint, it happened at Saratoga back in August 2019. She might be too short to take these gate-to-wire.
20/1 on the morning line Break Curfew should pressure Voting Agreement. The Steve Asmussen trained daughter of Into Mischief gets top speed jock Joe Bravo in its first on the turf. Curfew is bred to like the grass. Consider for all trifecta slots.
- Win: China Silk
- Place: Voting Agreement
- Show: Break Curfew
Race 9 – 5:36 pm ET – 6 Furlongs Dirt – $80,000 Harmony Lodge Stakes
Honey I’m Good takes a step up in class from $62,500 claiming to this stakes race. Often, that’s a bad move, but because Steve Asmussen trains we must assume she’ll be ready. Jockey Junior Alvarado sticks. Since Alvarado jumped on board, Honey I’m Good has a win, a second, and a third. The favorites look vulnerable. Why not take a shot?
2/1 on the morning line chalk Mother Mother is the one to beat. The Bob Baffert trained runner finished fourth in the Grade 3 Desert Stormer in her last. She can improve off that effort. Jockey Joel Rosario knows this one well, having guided her to a win in the $75,000 Kalookan Stakes in January, and a third place finish in the Grade 1 La Brea in December.
Royal Charlotte figures to get over played. Chad Brown trains, Javier Castellano rides, and the 3/1 morning line second choice has 5 wins from 7 races. Charlotte is undefeated at the distance, though. So if she holds the 3/1, we must consider for the top spot.
- Win: Honey I’m Good
- Place: Mother Mother
- Show: Royal Charlotte
Recent Horse Racing Events, News & Betting Odds
- Churchill Downs Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Saturday, May 23
- Gulfstream Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Saturday, May 23
- Golden Gate Fields Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Saturday, May 23
- Santa Anita Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Friday, May 22
- Gulfstream Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Friday, May 22
- Churchill Downs Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Friday, May 22
- Gulfstream Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Thursday, May 21
- Golden Gate Fields Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Thursday, May 21
- Churchill Downs Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Thursday, May 21
- Tampa Bay Downs Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Wednesday, May 20
- Santa Anita Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Sunday, May 17
- Santa Anita Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Saturday, May 16
- What You Can Bet On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday – May 15th Edition
- Churchill Downs Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Sunday, May 17
- Churchill Downs Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Saturday, May 16
- Gulfstream Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Saturday, May 16
- Santa Anita Park Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Friday, May 15
- Tampa Bay Downs Horse Racing Odds & Picks for Friday, May 15
Ascot Gold Cup Betting Odds | 2020 Ascot Racecourse
Horse Racing Odds | MyBookie Sportsbook & Racebook
Horse Racing Betting Experiences @ MyBookie
Latest Horse Betting Reviews
Great Customer experience
I have had a great experience with this site. Deposit and payout methods are fairly easy. Betting is pretty self explanatory as well. Anytime I’ve had any issues (and I’ve had a few due ti my own ignorance at times) customer service has been wonderful and extremely helpful.
Best Out there
Making picks is easy and intuitive. The website allows for easy withdrawals and payouts which process very quickly. I very much enjoy using this site over anything else.
My bookie review
My bookie is the best site there is