The 2019 American Ultimate Disc League Championship Weekend happens this Saturday and Sunday. First semifinal on Saturday pits the Indianapolis Alleycats against the New York Empire. Will the Alleycats or Empire win against the spread? Check out AUDL Championship Weekend odds, analysis, and a free pick for Alleycats-Empire!
Alleycats vs Empire 2019 AUDL Championship Weekend Odds, Preview, & Pick
- When: Saturday, August 10 at 4:00pm PDT
- Where: Foothill College Stadium, Los Altos Hills, CA
- Live Stream: AUDL.tv
- ATS Odds: New York Empire -2 ½
- Over/Under Odds: 42 ½
Why Indianapolis Alleycats are a good bet +2 ½?
Indianapolis played in arguably the best division in the American Ultimate Disc League. The Midwest had 3 teams over .500: Indianapolis at 9-4, Pittsburgh at 9-5, and the Chicago Wildfire at 7-6.
Two more teams in the division finished at .500, the Minnesota Windchill and the Madison Radicals. Because the Alleycats played in the best division, they should be battle tested. That could lead to the Alleycats covering the spread, and possibly upsetting the Empire straight up on Saturday.
Form Last 5
- W – 23-17 vs. Pittsburgh Thunderbirds
- L – 17-25 vs. Pittsburgh Thunderbirds
- W – 24-21 vs. Chicago Wildfire
- W – 23-20 vs. Pittsburgh Thunderbirds
- W – 24-23 vs. Minnesota Windchill
Why New York Empire is a good bet -2 ½?
The New York Empire dominated the East Division. The Empire went 13-0. No team could touch New York. Not even Raleigh. The Flyers went 10-3 in the South Division. The fact that New York beat Raleigh mustn’t be overlooked.
There’s no reason to believe the Empire fails on August 10. They should beat Indianapolis, cover the spead, and march into the 2019 AUDL Championship Game on Sunday.
Form Last 5
- W – 19-16 vs. Toronto Rush
- W – 22-20 vs. Philadelphia Phoenix
- W – 27-23 vs. Ottawa Outlaws
- W – 22-19 vs. Montreal Royal
- W – 25-24 vs. Raleigh Flyers
Indianapolis Alleycats vs. New York Empire AUDL Betting Trends
- Alleycats are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- 3 of the Alleycats last 4 wins have been by 3 points or more
- Alleycats are 9-4 SU in their last 13 games
- Empire are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- 3 of the Empire last 5 wins have been by 3 points or more
- Empire are 13-0 SU in their last 13 games
Indianapolis Alleycats vs. New York Empire Final Betting Analysis
New York Empire looks like a lock if we just concentrate on their record. As in any playoff game in any sport, concentrating on records often leads to betting disaster, though.
The Empire is a tough disc league squad. They have gone undefeated for a reason, but in this matchup, they’re offering 2 ½ points. Surprisingly, even though New York wins, they don’t always cover. They only beat the Raleigh Flyers by a single point, 25-24. They beat the Philadelphia Phoenix by only 2 points on July 6.
Even on July 21 against Toronto, the game was desperately close. The Empire only beat the Rush by 3 points. The 2 ½ points in this match will mean a lot. Take the Alleycats on the spread.
AUDL Championship Weekend Pick: Indianapolis Alleycats +2 ½