The New York Empire takes on the Dallas Roughnecks in the 2019 AUDL Championship Game on Sunday, August 11. The Empire took down the Alleycats 17-15 in an extremely tight game. Dallas had an easier time against the San Diego Growlers. Will the Empire or Roughnecks come out on top in Sunday’s championship tilt? Check out AUDL Championship Game analysis and a free pick!
Empire vs Roughnecks 2019 AUDL Championship Weekend Odds & Pick
- When: Sunday, August 11 at 7:00pm PDT
- Where: Foothill College Stadium, Los Altos Hills, CA
- 2019 AUDL Championship Odds: TBA
- Live Stream: AUDL.tv
Why New York Empire are a good bet?
The Empire has been terrific this season. Only one team has gone undefeated at the 2019 American Ultimate Disc League and it’s the New York Empire. The Empire has won 14 straight.
On Saturday, they held off the inspired Indianapolis Alleycats in a terrific 17-15 victory. Often New York has outscored their opponents with one of the league’s top offenses. But on August 10, they won with defense. The Empire can use that defense to temper the tough Dallas Roughnecks.
Form Last 5
- W – 17-15 vs. Indianapolis Alleycats
- W – 19-16 vs. Toronto Rush
- W – 22-20 vs. Philadelphia Phoenix
- W – 27-23 vs. Ottawa Outlaws
- W – 22-19 vs. Montreal Royal
Why Dallas Roughnecks are a good bet?
Dallas entered their semifinal match versus San Diego a 3 ½ points underdog. They left leaving no doubt that they have what it takes to beat the Growlers. Dallas dominated San Diego 23-18.
It wasn’t even close. The Roughnecks can easily use the momentum they’ve gained in their last couple of victories, they beat Raleigh 21-17 in the playoffs, to hand the Empire their first loss this season.
Form Last 5
- W – 23-18 vs. San Diego Growlers
- W – 21-17 vs. Raleigh Flyers
- L – 19-23 vs. Atlanta Hustle
- L – 15-22 vs. Raleigh Flyers
- W – 18-15 vs. Atlanta Hustle
New York Empire vs. Dallas Roughnecks Betting Trends
- Empire are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- 3 of the Empire last 5 wins have been by 3 points or more
- Empire are 13-0 SU in their last 13 games
- Roughnecks are 3-2 SU in their last 5
- 3 of the Roughnecks last 3 wins have been by 3 points or more
- Roughnecks are 9-4 SU in their last 13 games
Empire vs Roughnecks Final Betting Analysis
New York’s defense suffocated the Alleycats in the semifinal victory. They had 12 takeaways. That more than anything is why the Empire prevailed. If they play defense like that on Sunday afternoon, they’ll be tough.
Dallas, though, looked exceptional in their victory over the Growlers. Facing the top offense in AUDL, the Roughnecks prevailed by taking the disc away a stunning 18 times. Dallas has been on a roll. They provided an upset win over the Flyers before beating the Growlers.
The Roughnecks made it to their third title game in four years after Saturday’s win. They’ll find a way to get past the Empire on August 11. Dallas takes the 2019 AUDL Championship.
2019 AUDL Championship Weekend Pick: Dallas Roughnecks