With a trio of absolutely huge title fights all going down this coming Saturday, there’s plenty of action – and boxing betting value – going down for boxing bettors everywhere. Now, let’s find out who’s in the squared circle and which boxers are offering the best value in their respective matchups.
Top Boxing Betting Picks of the Week – September 23rd Edition
- When: Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
- TV: FOX, PPV
- Live Stream: FoxSportsGo
Mario Barrios (24-0, 16 KOs) vs. Batyr Akhmedov (7-0, 6 KOs)
Barrios and Akhmedov will square off in a12 round battle for the vacant WBA “regular” junior welterweight title. The 24-year-old Barrios stands 5’10” with a 71-inch reach. He comes into this bout off a KO win over Juan Jose Velasco. Batyr Akhmedov is 28-years-old and stands 5’7½”. The Russian comes into this bout off a retirement win over Francisco Gabriel Pina the last time out.
Mario Barrios is the young, bigger and clearly stronger fighter with far more knockout power in this affair and those three facts, combined with the fact that this is a championship title bout, leads me to believe that Barrios is the fairly easy pick to get the career-boosting win in this one!
Boxing Betting Pick: Mario Barrios Via 8th Round KO
Anthony Dirrell (33-1-1, 24 KOs) vs. David Benavidez (21-0, 18 KOs)
Dirrell and Benavidez will go12 rounds, for Dirrell’s WBC super middleweight title. The challenger in this matchup is 22-years-old and stands 6’2” with a 76-inch reach. Benavidez comes into this bout off a stunning second round TKO win over J’Leon Love in March. Dirrell is 34-years-old and stands 6’2” with a 74.5-inch reach. The champ comes into this bout off a 10th round technical decision win over Avni Yildirim in February.
While Anthony Dirrell is over a decade older than David Benavidez, I’m going with the reigning champ to retain his belt in a knock-down, drag-out thriller that goes the distance. David Benavidez has plenty of knockout power and that makes his extremely dangerous. However, I like the huge edge in experience that Dirrell has in this matchup and I believe he’s going to find a way to get past the young and hungry Benavidez.
Boxing Betting Pick: Anthony Dirrell Via Unanimous Decision
Errol Spence Jr. (25-0, 21 KOs) vs. Shawn Porter (30-2-1, 17 KOs)
Spence is the IBF welterweight champ and Porter is the WBC champion. The two will throw down on Saturday in a huge, unification title bout. Errol Spence is 29-years-old and stands 5’10” with a 72-inch reach. He comes into this bout off a thrilling unanimous decision win over former four-division champion Mikey Garcia in March. Shawn Porter is 31-years-old and stands 5’7” with a 69.5-inch reach. Porter comes into this affair off a hard-fought split decision win over Yordenis Ugas in March.
Not only is Errol Spence the younger fighter in this affair, but he’s also the bigger fighter with more explosive knockout power. While Porter got a victory in his last fight, he wasn’t overly impressive and I don’t think he’s quite as skilled as the widely-respected Spence. I’m going with Spence to get it done via unanimous decision and you should too!
Boxing Betting Pick: Errol Spence Jr. Via Unanimous decision
More Boxing Betting News
- Jake Paul Versus Tyron Woodley Odds & Analysis – Boxing Betting
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Logan Paul Boxing Odds & Pick
- Top 2021 Boxing Matches to Bet On From June 5th & 6th
- Top 2021 Boxing Matches to Bet On This Weekend
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Logan Paul Boxing Props Betting Update
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Josh Taylor Vs Jose Ramirez Highlight Bout
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Logan Paul: Paul Training with Ryan Garcia Gives Him a Shot
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Nery Vs Figueroa Highlight Bout
- Boxing Lines: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs Logan Paul Fight Date Set
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Caleno Vs Saunders Highlight Bout
- Top 2021 Boxing Lines to Bet On From May 1st
- Top 2021 Boxing Lines to Bet On From Apr. 23rd to Apr. 24th
- Jake Paul Vs Ben Askren: Paul Emerges As the Boxing Odds Favorite
- Top Boxing Lines to Bet On The Weekend Apr. 16 Edition