What do you need to wager on Mayweather in order to win $100 at -800?You would need to wager $800 on Mayweather to net $100 in profit from a winning bet. Meanwhile, a bet on McGregor would come with a 5-1 payoff.So:A winning $100 bet on Mayweather (-800) would result in a profit of $12.50A winning $100 bet on McGregor (+500) would result in a profit of $500The difference between the two bets? A hefty $487.50 difference in betting profits.Let’s imagine you’re thinking of going all in on this cross-over superfight and are thinking of putting down $1000 on Mcgregor. If Mcgregor wins the match you’ll win $5000.In order to maintain the same difference in the $100 bet I showed you earlier you would have to wager $8000 to win $1000 in profit by betting on Mayweather.By the numbers, it’s no surprise that over 80% of all early line wagers have been placed on Conor Mcgregor.
Smart Betting Moves : Mayweather vs McGregorEvery sports bettor will have a different take on this match. Some of the most common questions and comments we are hearing here at MyBookie HQ from players:
- – Mcgregor isn’t a boxer and hasn’t studied the sweet science. Mayweather will wear him down.
- – Mayweather will have trouble with the relentless assaults that Mcgregor is capable of unleashing
- – Mayweather will be at an advantage due to the larger boxing gloves.
- – Mcgregor is used to fighting with 4 ounce gloves, they land harder than boxing gloves.
- – Mayweathers training routine is insane and only focuses on boxing.
- – Mcgregor’s training routine is split between all of the different fighting zones and styles in a MMA fight.
- Our linesmakers here at MyBookie are keeping with the consensus of the wide odds range between Mayweather and McGregor
- Straight money on Mayweather will require a big investment for a poor amount of profit
- Straight money on Mcgregor while wildly popular right now with boxing bettors is also risky, for all of the reasons above, not the least of which is Mcgregors lack of boxing experience. If this were Mayweather in the octagon then we would be saying exactly the opposite.
- The magic will lie in the Over Under. The odds are either much more profitable or not as profitable but differences are not nearly as massive as the Moneyline
- The Over under is set at 9.5 rounds and a healthy +130 on the over and -110 on the under