Two of the more popular boxers in the sport head to the ring this weekend. Anthony Joshua defends his title against Kubrat Pulev while Shakur Stevenson takes on Toka Kahn Clary. Check out analysis and free picks for those two fights as well as picks for six other Saturday bouts, along with their Boxing odds!
Boxing: Shakur Stevenson and Anthony Joshua in Action on Saturday
- When: Saturday, Dec. 12
Top Boxing Matches – Saturday, Dec. 12th
- Florian Marku -800 / Jamie Stewart +500
Stewart has a chance. Even though Marku is 7-0 with 5 knockouts, Jamie could use his jab to stay away from the tough Albanian boxer. We’re going with the underdog.
Boxing Pick: Jamie Stewart
- Ashley Lane +500 / Qais Ashfaq -800
At 14-9-2, Ashley Lane is one of those tough fighters who always gives his all but often comes up short. Ashfaq is 8-1 with 3 knockouts. We want to give Lane the benefit of the doubt, but Ashfaq’s fighting style implies he wins this on points.
Boxing Pick: Qais Ashfaq
- Hughie Fury -600 / Mariusz Wach +400
Hughie Fury is one of those tough, hard-hitting, British boxers. He’s got a fantastic 24-3 record with 14 knockouts. We’d give Mariusz Wach a shot, but he’s 40-year-old while Fury is 26. Hughie takes this.
Boxing Pick: Hughie Fury
- Martin Bakole Ilunga -375 / Sergey Kusmin +285
Bakole has won 6-of-7 via KO or TKO. The loss happened against Michael Hunter back in 2018. Sergey Kusmin is 15-1 with 11 knockouts. He’s also one of those hard-nosed Russian fighters who won’t back down. Sergey can pull off the upset.
Boxing Pick: Sergey Kusmin
- Kubrat Pulev +550 / Anthony Joshua -900
When Joshua boxes, he’s tough to beat. You’d think he could handle a fighter like Pulev by simply outboxing him and staying to the outside. But although Kubrat is 39-years-old, much older than Anthony, Pulev has fought better fighters and is cagey enough to goad Joshua into a brawl. He’s got big shot to hit the champ with a strong punch early that causes Anthony to doubt himself the entire fight. Kubrat gets the nod.
Boxing Pick: Kubrat Pulev
- Matvey Korobov -120 / Ronald Ellis -110
The odds imply a great fight. After studying the stats and both boxers, it’s tough to argue with the odds. Neither appears to have an edge. Korobov is older. Age isn’t the only advantage Ellis has. He’s also got close to a 6” reach advantage and is in better form. Ronald should leave the ring a winner.
Boxing Pick: Ronald Ellis
- Felix Verdejo -450 / Masayoshi Nakatani +325
Verdejo is a strong fighter. However, look who Masayoshi Nakatani lost to in his last fight? Yep, Teofimo Lopez. Nakatani hung with Lopez, losing via unanimous decision. This won’t be an easy fight for Verdejo. Masayoshi has a decent jab and good instincts. Although Felix most likely will win, we’re taking a shot on the underdog.
Boxing Pick: Masayoshi Nakatani
- Toka Kahn Clary +1600 / Shakur Stevenson -6000
Shakur is one of the top pound-for-pound fighters on the planet. But on Saturday, Shakur takes on an underrated, tough, boxer in Toka Kahn Clary. Toka is as fast, if not faster, than Stevenson. The favored fighter must work for it on Saturday. The odds imply Kahn Clary has no chance and that’s just no true. If he uses his speed and keeps Shakur chasing him all night, he could pull off the upset. So, consider backing the massive overlay underdog.
Boxing Pick: Toka Kahn Clary
Boxing Betting News
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Holyfield Fills In For De La Hoya Versus Belfort
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: Katie Taylor and Josh Warrington in Action
- Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Betting Update: Picks and Analysis for Sunday’s Massive Fight
- Top Boxing Matches to Bet On The Weekend: 3 Great Paul vs Woodley Undercard Fights
- Pacquiao vs Ugas Light Up Las Vegas Highlight Saturday Nights Boxing Card