Okay CFL betting faithful, with the 2019 Canadian Football League staging its annual semifinal showdowns this weekend, it’s time to take a look at the 2019 CLF Eastern Finals matchup featuring the Hamilton Tiger-Cats hosting the Edmonton Eskimos. With the winner of this contest moving on to the Grey Cup Championship, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their CFL odds.
Edmonton vs Hamilton 2019 CFL Eastern Finals Odds & Preview
- When: Sunday November 17, 2019, 1:00 PM ET
- Where: Tim Hortons Field, Hamilton, Ontario
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: CFL.ca
- 2019 CFL Eastern Finals Odds: Hamilton -5.5 / Total: 50
Why Bet On Edmonton?
While Edmonton managed to subdue Montreal 37-29 in last weekend’s Eastern Conference playoff matchup, the Eskimos are an uninspiring 2-3 over their last five games and just 3-7 over their last 10 games overall. While quarterback Trevor Harris has had a fine season by completing a blistering 71.8 percent of his passes while throwing for 4,027 yards with 16 touchdowns and just six interceptions, Edmonton ranks a modest seventh in scoring (22.6 ppg), although they also rank an encouraging third in points allowed (22.2 ppg). Edmonton has also gone 4-6 SU on the road this season and 3-6 ATS away from home.
- Eskimos are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games in November.
- Eskimos are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 playoff road games.
- Eskimos are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 playoff games.
- Eskimos are 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 road games.
- Eskimos are 2-7-1 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
- Eskimos are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up win.
- Eskimos are 1-8-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Eskimos are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
Why Bet On Hamilton?
Hamilton is on fire coming into this contest riding the wave of an impressive six-game winning streak that includes their narrow 21-18 conference semifinal win over Toronto last weekend despite failing to cover the chalk as a 9-point home favorite. The Tigers-Cats are a blistering 9-1 SU over their last 10 games and bankroll-boosting 7-2-1 ATS during the span. More importantly, Hamilton ranks a stellar first in scoring (30.6 ppg) and equally impressive first in points allowed (19.1 ppg). Quarterback Dane Evans has passed for 3,754 yards with 21 TD tosses and 13 interceptions while completing an insane 78.6 percent of his passes.
- Tiger-Cats are 7-1-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
- Tiger-Cats are 6-1-2 ATS in their last 9 games following a straight up win.
- Tiger-Cats are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Tiger-Cats are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games in November.
2019 CFL Eastern Finals Expert Analysis and Prediction
Let me get started by saying that I’m a bit shocked that Hamilton is just a 5-point home favorite in this contest. The Tiger-Cats beat the Eskimos 30-27 on the road as a 1.5-point favorite in September before recording a far more emphatic 42-12 smackdown win at home as a 7-point favorite on October 4. Hamilton has won four straight in this rivalry and they are the better statistical team on both sides of the ball in this matchup. While the Eskimos have gone an encouraging 5-1-2 ATS in their last 8 road dates against Hamilton, Edmonton is also just 1-4-2 ATS in the last 7 meetings, 3-9-1 ATS in their last 13 road games and a winless 0-7 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
I wouldn’t think twice about backing Hamilton in this contest. The Tigers-Cats are playing at home against an opponent they’ve handled twice this season, not to mention the fact that they’ve gone 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 playoff home games and 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 home games. Hamilton wins easily to cover the chalk and advance to the 2019 CFL Grey Cup Championship!
Pick: Hamilton 31 Edmonton 14