After splitting their two regular season meetings, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders will lay it all on the line in an effort to win their Western Conference finals matchup on Sunday. With the winner of this contest moving on to the annual Grey Cup Championship, let’s find out which team is offering the best value against their CFL odds.
Winnipeg vs Saskatchewan 2019 CFL Western Finals Odds & Preview
- When: Sunday November 17, 2019, 4:30 PM ET
- Where: Mosiac Stadium, Saskatchewan, CA
- TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: CFL.ca
- 2019 CFL Western Finals Odds: Saskatchewan -3 / Total: 44
Why Bet On Winnipeg?
Despite the fact that the Blue Bombers are underdogs and playing on the road, there are a handful of good reasons to back Winnipeg in this matchup. The Blue Bombers have won two straight including their statement-making 35-14 beatdown win over defending champion Calgary last weekend. Winnipeg also beat Saskatchewan 35-10 in September to cover the spread as a 2-point home favorite. Then, there’s the fact that the Blue Bombers also have the higher scoring offense in this affair (28.6 ppg, 2nd) and a very good defense that limits the opposition to 21.4 points per game defensively. Quarterback Matt Nichols has completed 71.2 percent of his passes while throwing for 1,936 yards with 15 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Blue Bombers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Blue Bombers are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 vs. West.
- Blue Bombers are 16-4-1 ATS in their last 21 games following a ATS win.
- Blue Bombers are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 games following a straight up win.
- Blue Bombers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 playoff road games.
- Blue Bombers are 26-12 ATS in their last 38 road games.
Why Bet On Saskatchewan?
There are also a bunch of good reasons to back Saskatchewan in this matchup. First, the Roughriders have won three straight including their 23-13 win over Edmonton two weeks ago. Saskatchewan is 6-1 SU over their last seven games and 8-2 over their last 10 games overall. The Roughriders are ranked third in scoring (27.1 ppg) and a stellar second in points allowed (21.4 ppg). Quarterback Cody Fajardo has completed 71.5 percent of his passes while throwing for 4,302 yards with 18 touchdown passes and eight interceptions. Saskatchewan also recorded a convincing 21-6 win over Winnipeg on October 5 to cash in as a 3-point home favorite.
- Roughriders are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. West.
- Roughriders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Division Finals games.
- Roughriders are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 playoff home games.
- Roughriders are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games in November.
2019 CFL Western Finals Expert Analysis and Prediction
While I’m definitely expecting Winnipeg to show up with a good effort in this contest, I really like Saskatchewan to take care of business at home in this huge matchup. I know the Blue Bombers have gone 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings and a perfect 4-0 ATS in their last four games against a team with a winning record, but Saskatchewan has gone 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win and 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall. Saskatchewan has the better quarterback in this matchup in MVP contender Cody Fajardo and the better defense as well. With these two rivals both winning at home against the other this season, I’m thinking the handwriting is on the wall for a big Roughriders win.
Pick: Saskatchewan 27 Winnipeg 21