On Saturday, May 29, two English Premier League powers duke it out for the right to call themselves UEFA Champions League victors. Manchester City will enter the UCL Finals a favorite over surprise participant Chelsea. Check out match information, current moneyline and total odds, and more information about both the Blues and the Sky Blues so you can bet against their Champions League odds.
UCL Finals Odds: Man City Favored Against Premier League Rival Chelsea
2020-2021 UEFA Champions League Final: Chelsea Vs Man City
- When: Saturday, May 29 at 3:00pm ET
- Where: Estadio do Dragao, Porto, Portugal
- Moneyline Odds: Manchester City -106 / Chelsea +300 / Draw +250
- Over / Under Odds: O 2 ½ (-105) / U 2 ½ (-118)
Why bet on Chelsea?
In the last couple of head-to-head matches, Chelsea has beaten Manchester City. On April 17, the Blues beat Man City 1-0. Then on May 8, Chelsea bested the Sky Blues again, this time via a 2-1 score. So far this year, Chelsea has shown they have no problem outscoring Manchester City. If Chelsea has already won two against the Sky Blues, why couldn’t they get a third straight victory?
Chelsea Last 5 as of May 13
- L – 0-1 vs. Arsenal
- W – 2-1 vs. Manchester City
- W – 2-0 vs. Real Madrid
- W – 2-0 vs. Fulham
- D – 1-1 vs. Real Madrid
Chelsea Starting Lineup – Projected
Why bet on Manchester City?
A case can be made that Man City didn’t play their best lineup versus Chelsea in the last head-to-head. Kevin De Bruyne didn’t step onto the pitch. Neither did Bernardo Silva nor did Fernandinho. Riyad Mahrez also stayed on the sidelines. With so many usual starters on the sidelines, no wonder Chelsea won. On May 29, Pep Guardiola will start his very best lineup. Expect a different Man City squad in the third match versus the Blues.
Manchester City Last 5 as of May 13
- L – 1-2 vs. Chelsea
- W – 2-0 vs. Paris Saint-Germain
- W – 0-2 vs. Crystal Palace
- W – 1-2 vs. Paris Saint-Germain
- W – 1-0 vs. Tottenham
Manchester City Starting Lineup – Projected
- De Bruyne
UEFA Champions League Finals Betting Prediction
No doubt, Pep played possum in the last head-to-head. One of the reasons? The Sky Blues dominated the English Premier League. A Champions League trophy is the only thing left for Manchester City to win.
Man to man, the Sky Blues are a more talented squad than Chelsea. But getting past the Blues won’t be easy.
Since Thomas Tuchel took over as manager, Chelsea has 17 wins, 7 draws, and 3 losses. Losing to Arsenal on May 12 stings, but it won’t affect how Chelsea plays on May 29. That doesn’t mean Chelsea is the moneyline choice.
It’s tough to beat any team three straight. It’s especially tough when your opponent is the best soccer club in the world. The Blues won’t upset the Sky Blues in regulation. Instead, Tuchel will instruct his squad to play a defensive match like what we saw in the first-leg against Real Madrid.
Chelsea will force a draw in regulation. Then, Tuchel’s team will hope to capitalize on a Sky Blues mistake in the extra period, or win the match via penalty kicks.
UCL Finals Pick: Draw
Soccer Betting News
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On the Weekend: Paraguay Looking to Keep Leadership In Group B
- Top UEFA Euro 2020 Matches to Bet On: Germany vs Portugal Game Highlights the Weekend
- 2021 Copa America Matches to Wager On: Bolivia vs Chile, Uruguay vs Argentina
- Top 2021 MLS Games To Wager On From June 18 to June 20
- UEFA Euro 2020 Betting Odds: Slovakia vs Sweden, Czech Republic vs Croatia, Scotland vs England