For fans of horse racing, it was a little disappointing to hear that Kentucky Derby winner Always Dreaming was not going to be a part of the Belmont Stakes. The news got even worse when Classic Empire was scratched from the final leg of the Triple Crown earlier this week. While it is certainly disappointing to not have these two great horses in the field, it now means that we have a 12-horse race that is about as wide open as it gets. Irish War Cry has been installed as the morning line favorite, with Epicharis and Lookin at Lee also considered to be legitimate contenders by the bookies. While those three horses do look to be the class in this field, it’s worth remembering that the mile and a half track can be a great leveler. Horses in the US very rarely run this distance, so it’s a real test of stamina that could deliver a longshot winner. Let’s look at a few horses that might be able to spring the upset as well as the updated horse racing betting odds.
Sports & Betting Topics
Latest News, Tips & Expert Picks
- Early 2019 Horse Racing Betting Predictions
- 2019 Pegasus World Cup Odds, Preview & Picks
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Late Pick 4
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Superfecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf Trifecta
- 2018 Breeders’ Cup Classic Early Betting Preview
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, September 1
- Saratoga Odds & Picks for Saturday, September 1
- 2018 Travers Stakes Odds & Predictions
- Del Mar Betting Picks for Saturday, August 4
Betting News, Articles, Sportsbook & Casino Posts and videos from MyBookie on Betting, including information on odds, lines, tips and picks are exclusively views of our profesinal paid writers, and not those of MyBookie and the Managment.