The 19th-ranked Iowa Hawkeyes will be looking to record consecutive victories when they hit the road to take on a Northwestern Wildcats team that will be desperate to snap their four-game losing streak in this Big Ten battle. Now, let’s find out if the Wildcats can get the big upset at home or at least cover the chalk as a double-digit underdog.
Iowa vs Northwestern 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Preview
- When: Saturday, October 26, 2019 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Ryan Field, Evanston, Illinois
- TV: ESPN2
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- College Football Week 8 Odds: Iowa -10.5 / Total: 37.5
- PM Showers: 12°C/54°F
- Humidity: 66%
- Precipitation: 40%
- Wind: 9 mph SE
- Cloud Cover: 47%
- Type of Stadium: Open
Why Bet On Iowa?
Iowa snapped a two-game losing streak by getting past Purdue 26-20 last weekend despite never coming close to covering the chalk as a whopping 17.5-point home favorite. The best reason to back the Hawkeyes in this contest is the fact that they have an elite defense that limits the opposition to just 11.6 points per game to rank fifth nationally in fewest points allowed. Iowa also averages 25.0 points per game to rank 90th in scoring.
- Average Score For: 24.83
- Total Yards: 412.83
- Pass Yards: 256
- Rush Yards: 156.83
- Average Score Against: 10.17
- Total Yards: 260.83
- Pass Yards: 159
- Rush Yards: 101.83
Why Bet On Northwestern?
The Wildcats have lost four straight and come into this Week 9 matchup off an embarrassing 52-3 blowout loss against Ohio State last weekend. Northwestern has been limited to 15 points per game in each of their last four games and ranks a pitiful 128th nationally in scoring.
- Average Score For: 12.50
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 124
- Rush Yards: 153.17
- Average Score Against: 25.17
- Total Yards:
- Pass Yards: 180.17
- Rush Yards: 165.50
College Football Week 9 Betting Trends for iowa vs Northwestern
- Iowa is 1-4 ATS in the last 5 games
- Iowa is 8-2 SU in the last 10 games
- The total went UNDER in 5 of Iowa’s last 6 games
- Northwestern are 3-6 ATS in the last 9 games
- Northwestern are 1-5 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went UNDER in 4 of Northwestern’s last 6 games
Iowa vs Northwestern Expert Analysis and Prediction
While Iowa doesn’t have the most explosive offense around, the Hawkeyes are the easy pick to win and cover the chalk as a double-digit favorite despite being on the road in this Week 9 pairing.
Northwestern has scored 10 points or less in four of their five losses this season and that tells me the Wildcats’ inept offense is really in trouble against Iowa’s stout defense.
With the favorite in this rivalry going 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings and Northwestern going 0-4-1 ATS in their last five home games, the handwriting is clearly on the wall here. Iowa wins and covers the chalk in a mostly low-scoring affair.
Pick: Iowa 28 Northwestern 10
More College Football Week 9 Betting News
- Washington State vs Oregon 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Pick
- Missouri vs Kentucky 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Expert Analysis
- Arizona State vs UCLA 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Preview
- Notre Dame vs Michigan 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Maryland vs Minnesota 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Analysis
- Penn State vs Michigan State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Prediction
- Texas vs TCU 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Game Info & Pick
- Arkansas vs Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Pick
- Boston College vs Clemson 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds & Game Info
- College Football Picks Week Nine (Ep. 743)
- Oklahoma vs Kansas State 2019 College Football Week 9 Spread & Game Preview
- Wisconsin vs Ohio State 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Expert Analysis
- SMU vs Houston 2019 College Football Week 9 Odds, Preview & Pick
- Appalachian State vs South Alabama 2019 College Football Week 9 Lines & Analysis