Analyzing The 2017 MLB Betting Predictions And Solid Picks To Win Each Division
NL East Betting PredictionWashington Nationals The Nats (36-20) have already opened up an 11.5-game lead over Atlanta and New York in the NL East. The Nationals will have to end up on the wrong end of a massive collapse to not win the division this season. Nats may have the deepest rotation in the MLB, and possibly one of the better rosters in baseball too. They do have three key players who have driven them to the favorites in the MLB odds and standings:
- – The offensive contributions of veteran first baseman Ryan Zimmerman (.372, 16 HRs).
- – Underrated infielder Daniel Murphy (.333),
- – Bryce Harper(.317)
- – Washington ranks first in scoring (5.7 rpg)
- – First in team batting average (.278),
- – First in OPS (.826)
- – Third in home runs (86).
- – Washington leads all of baseball in quality starts with 36 while ranking 14th in team ERA (4.15).
NL Central Betting PredictionChicago Cubs The reigning World Series champion Chicago Cubs (29-27) finally overtook the Milwaukee Brewers (30-28) for first place in the NL Central. And I have no doubt that they will go on to win the division for the second year in a row, simply because they have too much elite talent not to:
- – Kris Bryant (.267)
- – Ben Zobrist (.233)
- – Anthony Rizzo (.232)
- – Addison Russell (.213)
- – Kyle Schwarber (.168)
NL West Betting PredictionsThe Colorado Rockies (36-23) are a game up on L.A. Dodgers (35-24) in the NL West. But, I’m not expecting that to continue for very long, if only because Colorado’s pitching is mediocre at best as the Rockies ranks a modest 13th in team ERA (4.15). And, worth a note that they’re in the middle third in every other meaningful defensive statistical category. Sure, the Rockies are bashing the cover off the ball as they rank fourth in scoring (5.0 rpg). But I genuinely believe L.A.’s top-ranked pitching staff (3.22 team ERA), and underrated 10th-ranked offense (4.8 rpg), will ultimately overcome Colorado’s suspect pitching staff to get the division win.
AL East Betting PredictionThe New York Yankees (32-22) have surprised all of baseball this season as they sit in first place in the AL East. The Yankees have had some solid ranks like:
- – A phenomenal third in scoring (5.4 rpg)
- – Fourth in team ERA (3.77)
- – Ninth in scoring (4.8 rpg)
- – Seventh in team ERA (3.84)
AL Central Betting PredictionThe Minnesota Twins (29-24) have overachieved since the start of the season. But they’ve gotten it done with smoke and mirrors. As it stands they rank:
- – 13th in scoring (4.6 rpg)
- – An uninspiring 23rd in team ERA (4.60).
AL West Betting PredictionI liked the L.A. Angels and Texas Rangers coming into the regular season. But it’s totally evident right now that neither team will challenge the Houston Astros (42-16) for the AL West division title. Especially seeing as how the ‘Stros are young, talented and extremely hungry. Houston is sitting pretty with an impressive list of feats:
- – Ranked second in scoring (5.5 rpg),
- – First in team batting average (.276)
- – First in home runs (92)
- – Second in team ERA (3.43),
- – Second in WHIP (1.19)
- – And first in strikeouts (589).
- – Jose Altuve,
- – Carlos Correa
- – George Springer.