Zack Greinke bombed in his first playoff start as a Houston Astros. That led to a massive 10-3 Game 3 Tampa Bay victory. Can Tampa even the best-of-5 series on Tuesday? Or, will the Houston Astros close out the Tampa Bay Rays and march into the American League Championship Series versus the New York Yankees? Check out the MLB Playoff odds, analysis, and a free pick for Rays vs Astros Game 4!
Astros vs Rays 2019 ALDS Game 4 Odds, Preview & Pick
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 7:07pm ET
- Where: Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, FL
- TV: FS1
- Radio: Rays / Astros
- Live Stream: Fox Sports Go
- Moneyline: Astros -265 / Rays +210
- Over/Under Total: 7 ½
- Scattered Thunderstorm: 27°C/80°F
- Humidity: 84%
- Precipitation: 56%
- Wind: 8 mph NE
- Cloud Cover: 54%
- Type of Stadium: Indoor
Why Houston Astros are a good bet at -265?
Houston is a massive favorite to prove the Game 3 loss was an anomaly. The reason? They send Justin Verlander, the likely AL Cy Young winner, to the mound. Verlander dominated the Rays in Game 1. He threw 7 innings, allowed a single hit, walked 3, and struck out 8. Tampa Bay bats .225 as a team against Justin Verlander. He should provide another gem on Tuesday night. After he does, the Astros will turn their attention to the formidable New York Yankees.<?p>
- Runs/G: 5.68
- BA: .274
- OPS: .848
- HR: 288
- SB: 67
- ERA: 3.68
- WHIP: 1.13
- KS: 1671
- Quality Starts: 88
- Errors: 70
Why Tampa Bay Rays are a good bet at +210?
In Game 3, Tampa Bay’s bats, which had been way too quiet, finally woke up. The Rays didn’t just beat Zach Greinke and the Astros. They pummeled Greinke and the Stros. Tampa scored 3 in the 2nd inning, 1 in the 3rd inning, 4 in the 4th inning, and 1 each in the 6th and 7th innings. It was an absolute beat down.
Tampa Bay exited the game with much confidence. The Rays’ confidence will carry over to Tuesday where they expect to use multiple pitchers to push for a Game 5.
- Runs/G: 4.75
- BA: .254
- OPS: .757
- HR: 217
- SB: 94
- ERA: 3.67
- WHIP: 1.17
- KS: 1621
- Quality Starts: 53
- Errors: 87
MLB Betting Trends for Astros vs Rays Game 4
- Astros are 8-2 in their last 10 road games
- Astros are 8-2 in their last 10 games following a loss
- The total went OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games
- Rays are 10-1 in their last 11 home games versus a team with a winning road record
- Rays are 2-8 in their last 10 Divisional playoff games
- The total went UNDER in 6 of Tampa Bay’s last 9 games
Astros vs Rays Game 4 MLB Betting Analysis
Tampa Bay hopes to use plenty of pitchers to get the job done in Game 4. Diego Castillo gets the call, but Castillo won’t throw for more than 1, maybe 2, innings. When Castillo’s on the mound, he’s had good success against the Astros. The issue is how many innings he’ll throw and whether the Rays can really put together a winning game around their relievers.
Even if the Rays accomplish that, a bigger question looms. 6-of-10 Tampa Bay runs were earned off Zach Greinke on Monday. Once Greinke left, the Astros settled down. Knowing the game was out of reach, A.J. Hinch didn’t waste his bullpen. He put Wade Miley in for 2.2 innings and used Joe Smith for .2 innings.
Verlander is throwing off 3 days of rest, but the Rays are awful against Justin. Go with the run line in this one. Astros by at least 2.
MLB Free Pick: Houston Astros -1 ½ -140
More MLB Playoffs Betting News
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) MLB Update – October 19th Edition
- World Series Game 1 Rays vs. Dodgers | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Rays vs. Astros ALCS Game 4 | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Dodgers vs. Braves NLDS Game 3 | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Rays vs. Astros ALCS Game 3 | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Braves vs. Dodgers | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) MLB Update – October 12th Edition
- Braves vs. Marlins NLDS Game 3 | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NBA Update – October 6th Edition
- MLB rumors: Alex Cora to choose between Red Sox and Tigers managerial jobs?
- Rays vs. Yankees ALDS Game 3 | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Marlins vs. Braves NLDS Game 2 | 2020 MLB Expert Analysis
- Tuesday NLDS Game 1 previews: Marlins vs. Braves and Padres vs. Dodgers
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) MLB Update – October 5th Edition