Boston Red Sox at Cleveland Indians MLB Betting Lines Pick
For some teams and their MLB odds fans, the final weekend of the season comes as something of a relief, as it means the end to a year of disappointment. A few of these teams were expected to have a poor year, but for the Boston Red Sox and Cleveland Indians, their bad years are considered a sign of underachieving. These two teams will hook up in Cleveland on Saturday.
A Brief Preview on the Boston Red Sox at Cleveland Indians MLB Betting Lines Pick & TV Info
Date/Time: Saturday, October 03, 2015 7:10 PM ET
Venue: Progressive Field
Opening Lines: Boston +170, Cleveland -168
— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) October 3, 2015
The Boston Red Sox (78-81) are finishing the season on a run of pretty good form, yet they still find themselves on the bottom of the AL East, albeit in a 3-way tie with Baltimore and Tampa Bay. The Red Sox are sure to make some changes in the offseason, and it’s going to be interesting to see how many of the current crop of players are still on Beantown come this time next year. The pitching staff in particular is going to need some help, but the Red Sox may have a hidden gem up their sleeve. Rich Hill has been magnificent since being called up, although they may not have seen enough of him to pencil him into the 2016 starting rotation.
The Red Sox come into this series after taking 3 of 4 from the Yankees, and are a pretty healthy 6-4 in their last 10 games. Craig Breslow (0-2, 4.22 ERA) will be coming out of the bullpen to make this start.
While there is little left to play for, the Cleveland Indians (78-80) would like to finish the season at or above .500, which they can only do by winning this series. The way that they are playing at the moment does not make it appear as though that will happen. The Indians have lost 4 of their last 5, although in fairness, those losses came at the hands of the Minnesota Twins and the Kansas City Royals, a pair of teams with postseason aspirations.
The Indians were actually still in the Wild Card picture heading into the final week, but the performance against the Twins killed any hope they might have had. Corey Kluber (8-16, 3.62 ERA) will get the start for the Cleveland Indians on Saturday.
Key Betting Trends
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games when playing Cleveland
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 8 games when playing on the road against Cleveland
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 5 games when playing Boston
- Cleveland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cleveland’s last 8 games when playing at home against Boston
Consider This Before Placing Your Bet
There is nothing to play for here but pride, and I tend to go with the team on the best run in those types of cases. That means my money will be on the Red Sox in this one.