The Atlanta Braves will be looking to get set for the postseason when they take to the field for the opener of a three-game series against the New York Mets on Friday night. With nothing left to play for, let’s find out if New York can take care of business at home or whether the playoff-bound Braves are the pick despite being on the road.
Braves vs Mets 2019 MLB Spread, Game Info & Betting Pick
- When: Friday, September 27 – 7:10 PM EST
- Where: Citi Field, New York City, New York
- TV: FS-South
- Radio: Atlanta / New York
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: Mets -116/Braves -105 / Total: 8.5
- Braves LH Dallas Keuchel (8-7, 3.59 ERA)
- Mets RH Marcus Stroman (9-13, 3.23)
Why Bet On Atlanta?
The best reason to back the Braves is because they are simply the better team on the mound and in the field in this NL East division rivalry. Atlanta has won four of their last six including an emphatic 10-2 spanking of Kansas City on Wednesday. Atlanta has also won three straight over New York and a whopping eight of 10 meetings this season alone. For this contest, the Braves will hand the ball to veteran right-hander Dallas Keuchel in this affair. Keuchel has lost his past two starts but has limited the opposition to two earned runs or less in eight of his past nine starts. The 31-year-old gave up three runs (two earned) on six hits with two walks and four strikeouts in six innings Sunday against San Francisco.
- Runs: 5.33
- Hits: 8.84
- Walks: 3.84
- Strike Outs: 9.00
- Runs: 4.58
- Hits: 8.77
- Walks: 3.40
- Strike Outs: 8.57
Why Bet on the NY Mets?
The Mets will be playing for pride, but they’ve split their last four and come into this contest off a 4-2 loss to lowly Miami on Wednesday night. New York will hand the ball to right-hander Marcus Stroman in this affair. The veteran has gone 3-2 with a 3.86 ERA and New York is 7-3 in his 10 starts. The 28-year-old held Cincinnati to two runs on three hits in 4.2 innings in a no-decision Sunday.
- Runs: 4.94
- Hits: 8.94
- Walks: 3.19
- Strike Outs: 8.49
- Runs: 4.59
- Hits: 8.70
- Walks: 3.11
- Strike Outs: 9.32
MLB Betting Trends for Braves vs Mets
- Braves are 4-2 SU in the last 6 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games
- Mets are 6-3 SU in the last 9 games
- The total went OVER in 4 of the Mets’ last 5 games against an opponent in the National League East division
Expert Analysis and Prediction for Braves vs Mets
Atlanta might not be going all-out to get the win in this one seeing as how they’ve already clinched a playoff berth, but I still like the Braves to get it done behind Dallas Keuchel. The Braves have gone 6-2 in Keuchel’s last 8 starts and 35-17 in their last 52 games overall. New York has gone 7-3 in their last 10 home games, but again, New York has nothing left to play for and that’s why Atlanta is the pick to get the outright road win on Friday night.
Pick: Atlanta 4 NY Mets 2
More MLB Betting News
- Tigers vs Rays Series Opener| 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- Cubs vs Phillies | 2021 MLB Expert Analysis
- MLB Angels vs White Sox Betting Analysis: The Pale Hose Heavy Favorites
- MLB Yankees vs Mets Betting Analysis: Subway Series On 9/11 Anniversary Weekend
- MLB Betting News & Rumors: NL Cy Young Winners Kershaw, DeGrom Close To Returns?
- MLB Phillies vs Brewers Betting Analysis: Last Meeting Of Season
- Blue Jays vs Yankees MLB | Cy Young Favorite Cole On Mound
- Rangers vs Angels MLB | Only Late Game On Labor Day Holiday
- Must Bet MLB Series To Bet On This Week: White Sox vs. A’s
- A’s vs Blue Jays MLB | Wild-Card Important Series
- Red Sox vs Rays MLB | Conclusion Of Season Series
- Braves vs Dodgers MLB | Final Meeting Of (Regular) Season
- Yankees vs Angels MLB | Ohtani Back On Mound For LA
- Must Bet MLB Series This Week: Brewers vs. Giants