The early going in the 2018 MLB season has seen a few American League teams throw down a notice of intent from the off. The same cannot be said over in the National League, where all three divisions are still pretty wide open at the moment. In 2 of the 3 divisions, the lead at the top is at a ½ game, while, in the West, the Arizona Diamondbacks have opened up an early 3 ½ game lead. Sitting right behind the D-Backs in second place are the Colorado Rockies, a team we expected some big things out of after they went to the playoffs last season. In truth, though, it has been a bit of an up and down start to the year for the Rockies, as they are still looking to find the consistency that served them so well last season, nevertheless, they come in as the favorites at the MLB Odds for Friday Night.
The Central Division is the tightest race of all, with just a game and a half separating first from fourth. The Milwaukee Brewers are right in the thick of it all, sitting just a half-game back of the Cardinals for the lead. They will be looking to steal top spot with a series win this weekend.
Brewers vs. Rockies MLB Odds & Expert Prediction
— Milwaukee Brewers (@Brewers) 11 de mayo de 2018
- When: Friday, May 11, 8:40 PM EST
- Where: Coors Field, Denver
- Starting Pitchers: Brandon Woodruff vs. Chad Bettis
- TV: FSWI / ATT SportsNet-RM
- Radio: Milwaukee WTMJ 620 / Colorado KOA 850 AM
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Odds: Colorado Rockies -125 (Over/Under at 11.5)
Recent Head to Head (Last 10 Games)
- Runs: Milwaukee Brewers 5.00 / Colorado Rockies 4.00
- Hits: Milwaukee Brewers 9.10 / Colorado Rockies 9.00
- Walks: Milwaukee Brewers 3.80 / Colorado Rockies 4.20
- Strike Outs: Milwaukee Brewers 10.50 / Colorado Rockies 7.80
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Brewers?
The Milwaukee Brewers took a big step forward last season after years in the wilderness, and the goal this season was to continue that forward momentum all the way to a playoff spot. It is all looking very good in the early going, as the Brewers are a legitimate challenger for the top spot in the tight Central Division. The Brewers could be even better if they could find a way to consistently win at home, where they are just a game above .500. The road is a different story, though, as they are a very respectable 12-7 in hostile territory.
They also need more out of their bats, as it is the pitching staff that is holding them together right now. They did look a little better in the opening game of this series, which the Brewers won 5-2. Milwaukee will send Brandon Woodruff to the mound for his first start of the season.
Why Consider the MLB Odds for the Rockies?
This is certainly not the Colorado Rockies team that we have been used to seeing in recent years. Over the past few seasons, this team has become known as one of the most explosive offenses in the league, yet they currently find themselves way down the standings in runs scored with 148. While they have been getting quality starts from their pitching rotation (22 thus far) they still find themselves with an inflated 4.27 team ERA, which suggests that the relievers are not getting the job done.
Despite all of that, the Rockies are still 21-17 and just 3 ½ games out of first in the NL West as they look to tie down a playoff spot for the second straight season. It will be Chad Bettis (4-1, 2.05 ERA) who gets the start here.
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Milwaukee is 16-6 ATS in its last 22 games on the road
- Milwaukee is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Milwaukee’s last 16 games
- Colorado is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- Colorado is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Colorado’s last 5 games
- Woodruff is 0-0 when starting against Colorado with an ERA of 1.93 and a WHIP of 1.713
- Bettis is 2-1 when starting against Milwaukee with an ERA of 2.88 and a WHIP of 1.520
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
This is a pitching match-up that would seem to certainly benefit the Rockies. I like them to even the series up with a win here.
Score: Milwaukee Brewers 2 – Colorado Rockies 6