The Arizona Diamondbacks are desperate to win their three-way race to win the NL West against Colorado and the Los Angeles Dodgers. The D-Backs need to keep winning and would like nothing better than to extend their winning ways against the struggling Padres when they square off on Thursday night. With San Diego looking to snap a modest losing streak, let’s find out if they can hold it down at home despite being betting underdogs at the latest MLB Lines.
Diamondbacks vs Padres MLB Lines & Game Preview
- When: Thursday, August 16 – 10:10 PM EST
- Where: Petco Park, San Diego, California
- TV: MLB Extra Innings
- Radio: TuneIn
- Live Stream: MLB.tv
- MLB Lines: Arizona Diamondbacks -165 / San Diego Padres +140 (Total 8)
- Arizona Diamondbacks – RH Clay Buchholz (5-2, 2.67 ERA)
- San Diego Padres – RH Jacob Nix (1-0, 0.00)
Why Bet on Arizona Diamondbacks?The Arizona Diamondbacks still sit atop the National League West despite having lost three of the first five contests on their nine-game road trip. Arizona hopes to expand its division lead when it visits the San Diego Padres on Thursday for the opener of their four-game series.The Diamondbacks are up 1.5 games on the Rockies and Dodgers. Arizona has gone 5-5 over their last 10 games and comes into this contest off a 6-4 win over Texas on Tuesday. Paul Goldschmidt and Jon Jay each had two hits and an RBI in the win and Goldschmidt recorded his third straight multi-hit performance while smacking his 27th home run.Right-hander Clay Buchholz had his string of five consecutive victories snapped in his last start on Friday by giving up three runs – two earned – on eight hits in a season high-tying seven innings.
Why Bet on San Diego Padres?The Padres have gone 5-5 over their last 10 games, but they’ve lost three straight including their 3-2 loss against the Los Angeles Angels on Thursday night. San Diego was outscored 16-8 in their three-game sweep against the Halos.Right-hander Jacob Nix is coming off an impressive start in his major-league debut as he shut out Philadelphia by limiting them to four hits over six scoreless innings on Friday. The Padres first baseman Eric Hosmer has hit safely in 18 of his last 21 games.
Latest MLB Betting Trends
- Arizona is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Arizona is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Diego
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 9 games
- San Diego is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Diego is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Diego’s last 10 games